Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Diamond and Plouffe talk to Season Ticket Holders

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 348 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No surprise regarding the relationship between Slowey and Diamond.

1.) Kevin Slowey is a great guy. I've had a chacne to get to know him since 2005 after the Twins drafted him, and he's always been terrific. He didn't handle the situation well last year, but the Twins handled it terribly too. He does a lot in the community and for people.

2.) Like Slowey, Diamond is a very, very smart person. Very intellectual. Remember the article earlier in the year about how into the GREEN efforts they both are. They're very close.

Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great article.

one takeaway for me is that Vavra and Anderson may be doing a better job than some people might have surmised.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Great article.

one takeaway for me is that Vavra and Anderson may be doing a better job than some people might have surmised.
    You can rest assured that nearly all of those people will continue to surmise that, too.

It's rare to get to hear athletes actually speak at any length in any meaningful way. As fans, it's refreshing. Post-game interviews filled with cliches are typically the best we get. Sometimes when we get a glimpse at more, the result is finding out that there isn't much going on. Other times we find a guy who comes off as intelligent and thoughtful and interesting and witty. Glad someone recapped this for us. Wish I had gotten to hear or see the entire thing.

I agree, Glunn. It's interesting to learn of the role that Vavra and "Andy" have had in improving the two success stories for the season so far. Good work!

Liked 1,209 Times in 702 Posts
    Thanks for the report.

The problem is that these ARE the 2 success stories so I would anticipate them having positive remarks about Anderson and Vavra.

In fact, since most people aren't stupid enough to publicly diss their employer, i would expect most Twins to say good things about the managment and coaching staff.

I'm just not sure how much that says about their overall job performance.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm less enamored with Anderson than I once was. There was a time when he could do no wrong, but the struggles in the last 5+ years suggest otherwise. I hope that has more to do with the talent he's had to work with than his actual ability.

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It will be interesting to see if they can work any magic with Dozier's batting during the rest of the season. That could be another turnaround story.