Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Twins get Martis from Pirates

  1. #1
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    116
    Like
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Twins get Martis from Pirates

    The Twins got RHP Shairon Martis from Pittsburgh in a trade today, according to MLB Trade Rumors.... He looks like organizational filler...
    Last edited by gmarais66; 06-27-2012 at 02:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,535
    Like
    61
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    At least they are trying to help the Rochester club get competitive and draw more fans. Now how about the club in Minneapolis.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,139
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    34
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Interesting, since the Pirates just have DFA'd former 1st round pick Daniel Moskos, who actually does have some up-side as well as options... Don't quite get the Martis thing, but he is just 25 and has been way rushed in the past. Martis is kind of a junk ball pitcher...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  4. #4
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,437
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    64
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    This trade is certainly not exciting, huh?

  5. #5
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,043
    Like
    1,767
    Liked 1,241 Times in 494 Posts
    I know I'm stoked.

  6. #6
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,429
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    240
    Anyone know what we gave up?

    His stats from this year are pitiful, but last year he had 146K in 133 IP in AA. Also 39 walks. For a 25-year-old, that's at least interesting.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Posts
    1,076
    Like
    10
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    This trade is certainly not exciting, huh?
    No, not unless the player the Bucs receive is Blackburn.

  8. #8
    What did we give up for him? One of our pitching coaches?

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Posts
    1,076
    Like
    10
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    Looks like an intimidating dude.




    praying-mantis.jpg

  10. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Posts
    823
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Interesting, since the Pirates just have DFA'd former 1st round pick Daniel Moskos, who actually does have some up-side as well as options... Don't quite get the Martis thing, but he is just 25 and has been way rushed in the past. Martis is kind of a junk ball pitcher...
    Get Moskos on the 40-man roster, and DFA Manship. Am sure he will clear waivers after his latest tour in MN.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedog View Post
    What did we give up for him? One of our pitching coaches?
    We gave up a half eaten Turkey To Go sandwich from Target Field and a pair of Joe Mauer's old pants... or at least that's the rumor....

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,139
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    34
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Anyone know what we gave up?

    His stats from this year are pitiful, but last year he had 146K in 133 IP in AA. Also 39 walks. For a 25-year-old, that's at least interesting.
    I think that the Twins gave $. He is a junkballer like Luke French with a "FB" thrown around half of the time and junk the rest. French did pretty well in AA for the Twins this season and doing ok in AAA. If he and his 86 mph FB come up to the majors, he will be lit like a Christmas tree. AA hitters are extremely prone to junk and so are a whole bunch of AAA hitters.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauerzy4Prez View Post
    We gave up a half eaten Turkey To Go sandwich from Target Field and a pair of Joe Mauer's old pants... or at least that's the rumor....
    They can have the pants, but did we have to throw in the sandwich? Those things are good!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    They can have the pants, but did we have to throw in the sandwich? Those things are good!
    Easily my most favorite food at Target Field... ok they can have one of those rubberized Murray's "Steak" sandwich instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.