Thread: Changes in Beloit's Front Office

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Changes in Beloit's Front Office

This week, Chrissy Scaffidi begins her new gig as the Director of Media Relations and Customer Relations for the Beloit Snappers. She is replacing Justin Waters who has done the job the last couple of years. Scaffidi worked in the front office of the Green Bay Packers this past season. She went to school in New York and while there, she worked with the Rochester Red Wings. In other words, it is a return to the Twins organization for her.

Early in the offseason, Snappers GM Jeff Vohs resigned to take another job in the community. He was replaced as GM by Matt Bosen.

Scaffidi will likely be kept busy during her first season in Beloit as the team should be comprised of several top prospects including Miguel Sano, Eddie Rosario, Levi Michael, Max Kepler, Tim Shibuya, Madison Boer, Matt Summers, Corey Williams and eventually Niko Goodrum.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Its gonna be one fun year in the MWL thats for sure, gonna miss Jeff and Matt though, have nothing but good things to say about them, class acts for sure. Also, if the Twins plan on using Boer as a reliever I think he starts in A+ maybe AA, if he starts as a starter, he should start in beloit.
    Also a side note, there are rumors that the Twins want to move to the Sally league after their contract is up with Beloit after this year.

Thanks for the intro, Seth. I am very excited to join Beloit this season. Going to be great experience working with some of the best prospects in the organization right now. Looking to get more videos & pictures to the fans. Would appreciate any ideas of what people would like to know/hear/see!

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins pulled out of Beloit after this year, I can't seem much reason why they would want to move to the Sally, unless there's some desire to group their high A and low A teams closer geographically.

I have heard that Cedar Rapids may be ending their 20 year relationship with the Angels after this season and are looking in to affiliating with either the Cubs (their first choice, should the Cubs want out of Peoria) or the Twins. CR is currently the closest MWL city to the Twin Cities and for that reason, it's not at all unusual to see Twins execs in the stands when the Snappers play in CR.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    CR is currently the closest MWL city to the Twin Cities and for that reason, it's not at all unusual to see Twins execs in the stands when the Snappers play in CR.
    As far as A ball and high A ball, distance from the parent club does not make much difference (there is just not that much interaction and/or player movement).
    Now, as far as AAA goes, that is a whole different story. Other than the Jays (who have their AAA club in Vegas), the Twins' AAA is the longest distance from their parent club in pro ball. This is not too good. That's where there are opportunities, not in single A ball...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    While I wouldn't be surprised if the Twins pulled out of Beloit after this year, I can't seem much reason why they would want to move to the Sally, unless there's some desire to group their high A and low A teams closer geographically.

I have heard that Cedar Rapids may be ending their 20 year relationship with the Angels after this season and are looking in to affiliating with either the Cubs (their first choice, should the Cubs want out of Peoria) or the Twins. CR is currently the closest MWL city to the Twin Cities and for that reason, it's not at all unusual to see Twins execs in the stands when the Snappers play in CR.
    The cubs have invested too much money into Peoria to let them go, after this season it will be a madhouse beause only 8 total teams between the MWL and the SALLY have agreements for next year or beyond. It would be nice to move the mariners out of the MWL though, it would suck to lose the Angels though because they always have good players.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    There are some beautiful stadiums in A Ball. Pohlman Field is substandard
    Last edited by Highabove; 02-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    There are some beautiful stadiums in A Ball. Pohlman Field is substandard
    as in Beautiful as in Greensboro,Dayton,Fort Wayne,Augusta,Asheville,Rome,Lakewood
    then there is average: Appleton,Kannapolis,Lexington,Kane County,Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids,Charleston
    Then Beloit,Burlington,Hickory,Lexington
    Just my thoughts
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932