Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: White Sox vs. Twins, 06/25/2012, 7:10pm

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,608 Times in 835 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    All day, and for the first time, I've had problems with the page loading. When I click to the next page of comments, for example, it will not load properly. Running the latest version of Safari and never had problems till now and only on this site. Hope it clears up.
    You're getting that as well? I just noticed it for the first time about an hour ago.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins could/should have put this game away!

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Never been a Butera fan... I never understood how he is even considered for MLB duty. However... If Butera on the roster means Revere can stay up nd Doumit doesn't join the outfield with Willingham.

25 man roster him up and lets go Drew!!!

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,299 Times in 525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I agree with you from the perspective of logic and rational analysis. But as long as the Liriano-Butera partnership is producing wins, I am happy to go with irrational superstition.
    2 wins and 3 losses during these recent starts, while averaging 2 runs scored per game, with Drew "contributing" about a .250 OPS to that "offense."
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Butera presents a nice low target, and seems to be able to get the most out of Liriano. Why not let Doumit get some well-deserved rest, so long as Liriano and Butera are producing great results?

Butera is still only catching once a week outside of interleague...why not let him catch Liriano??

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    Get Liriano out of there now before he has one of those innings. Stop waiting until after the house burns down before trying to put out the fire.

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

That wasn't a wild pitch, that was a lazy job of catching.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Never been a Butera fan... I never understood how he is even considered for MLB duty. However... If Butera on the roster means Revere can stay up nd Doumit doesn't join the outfield with Willingham.

25 man roster him up and lets go Drew!!!
    Honestly, I don't even care if he's on the roster if Gardy is that paranoid about having a third catcher to give him the option of occasionally DHing/OFing Doumit.

But when Butera is actually starting in place of Doumit? No. No, man. That's just bad baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    Butera is still only catching once a week outside of interleague...why not let him catch Liriano??
    You mean besides being one of the worst baseball players in the entire league?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Why should Butera drag down this team's offense once a week when Ryan Doumit is on the roster?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    I hope, in Liriano's memoir one day, that he'll tell us the how, what and why it is possible to go from lights out to horrible and back and forth over and over.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    And while I'm not going to argue with you too much about it, I'm just tired of hearing these excuses and reasons from Gardy. It's been ten years of this same crap. If things are going well, Butera is Liriano's Personal Savior. Obviously, lil Drew is the reason for Francisco's success this season because he, uh, caught his first game back in the rotation or something.

But when he was the worst hitter in baseball and catching an awful Liriano on the way to a 99 loss season in 2011? Not a %$*&ing word.

I'm really tired of asking myself whether Gardenhire even watches baseball. I was hoping with the return of JR (and the impending roster/franchise clean-up that followed), one of the first things to be discussed would have been "Ron, you are no longer allowed to play awful players every day just because you like them."
    This might make you happy -- if the Twins trade Liriano, the other team might be tempted to take his personal catcher as well.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Because it's Major League baseball, not a pick up game out in the street. People are talking about Butera as if he's Liriano's kid brother, whom the entire neighborhood tries to leave out.

I can buy that Butera might do somethings that puts Liriano at ease, what I can't buy is that Butera's pampering skills make up for his anemic bat nor do I buy the notion that Mauer or Doumit could not similarly placate the itty bitty, sensitive lefty.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Thank God Johnny Bench was able to get Frankie to work out of that!

Way to limit the damage Liriano... will be interesting to see how gardy uses his pen in the 8th and 9th.

Revere hitting out of his head right now. I love it.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Good job Revere. Now steal Damnit. AJ is behind the plate, not yadie

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    I wish this Revere guy would get on base every once in a while so he could utilize his speed.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
    I wish this Revere guy would get on base every once in a while so he could utilize his speed.
    I admit that I may have been wrong about the kid. He looks like a different player. That'll teach me to write off a 23 year old player. He'll never be great but he could easily be league average, possibly better once you factor in his speed.

That's a 10-year-old mistake Revere. Come on baby. Think with your head not your legs.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast