Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Nobody wants my catching. Boo.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Nobody wants my catching. Boo.
    haha you were my next trade offer if kab rejected me.

you could probably get a nice haul for kinsler from someone. too bad i already have cano.

that brock holt pickup might be the FA pickup of the year btw. good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    haha you were my next trade offer if kab rejected me.

you could probably get a nice haul for kinsler from someone. too bad i already have cano.

that brock holt pickup might be the FA pickup of the year btw. good stuff.
    I've put up Kinsler multiple times, but no bites yet. At least no bites other than someone offering waiver fodder for him. That's not going to work. At least offer me a prospect if you know I'm looking to tear down and rebuild.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    I would have already traded for Kinsler if I didn't have Dozier. but you aren't going to get much interest for him in this league. Even contenders seem to be rebuilding all of the time. If a player is over 30 you might as well consider him dead. I have never bothered to trade guys like cuddyer or Buehrle because I wouldn't get anything and they keep producing. Singlehandedly the most undervalued asset in this league.

I live in the now.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    I think I will make do with Gillaspie at 1B. It's helps to collect a prospect or two since I wouldn't mind flipping them for an undervalued starter. It seems like every year my team (basically every team) is held together by band aids. I have just enough to field a lineup.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to match up with me. My team has been coasting for awhile but they have stepped up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I would have already traded for Kinsler if I didn't have Dozier. but you aren't going to get much interest for him in this league. Even contenders seem to be rebuilding all of the time. If a player is over 30 you might as well consider him dead. I have never bothered to trade guys like cuddyer or Buehrle because I wouldn't get anything and they keep producing. Singlehandedly the most undervalued asset in this league.

I live in the now.
    Absolutely. If I don't get solid value for guys like Ruiz or Kinsler, I'll just keep plugging them into the lineup and enjoying solid production year-in and year-out until they hang up the cleats.

I went through a rebuild on another squad that was perennially in the middle of the pack in another dynasty league, and turned Mauer, Beltran, Pedroia, Beltre, Shields, Garza, D.Robertson, and Jansen into Wilson Ramos, Lucas Sims, Jose Peraza, Mike Foltynewicz, Josh Donaldson, Lucas Giolito, Domingo Santana, Jurickson Profar, Jameson Taillon, 3 other 150-200ish prospects, and 7 additional draft picks in 2015/2016. It was a good swing in the organization, but I'm noticing that there's almost no way to do something like that in this league.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617