Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    I turned the trade down for now, Banuelos injury worries me and I have a retarded sentimental attachment to Trumbo, I remember drafting that guy in the orginal draft and holding out hope he would hit bombs in the majors ever since.

Chen is off the board now folks, traded him for a 2nd round MLB pick. Nice to finally get rid of him.

Looks like Harvey gets his first start this week, he is the first of a few young pitchers over the next 12 months that will make or break my team moving forward.

Also in that other dynasty league I am in I was basically a .500 team (2 games out of playoffs) and found I was in a sellers market.

Was able to unload some of my high salary players (Pujjols 52 salary next year-wasn't going to keep, Kershaw-42 next year, could have kept but not a great deal, Cuddyer-Loses 2B next year and Napoli 28 salary next year-too high to keep) and was able to get the following players back: Wil Myers, Anthony Rendon, Matt Harvey, Jamie Garcia at $10, Liriano at $10, Willingham at $4, Santiago Casilla at $1 (all four of which are easy keepers IMO)

I should be able to buy back one of Pujols or Kershaw in the auction draft next year anyways, along with filling a bunch more holes, I think its a decent strategy to be honest. Thoughts?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Finally we won't have to listen to any more accolades about Chen.

I finally accepted usernames trade. Now that Votto is out I can't see my team making up the ground for the last playoff spot considering there are now 3 other teams going for it.

I've wondered if I should pursue a McCann for Jesus Montero (or Mesoraco) for awhile. it kind of makes sense for both sides but Montero has been very unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Finally we won't have to listen to any more accolades about Chen.

I finally accepted usernames trade. Now that Votto is out I can't see my team making up the ground for the last playoff spot considering there are now 3 other teams going for it.

I've wondered if I should pursue a McCann for Jesus Montero (or Mesoraco) for awhile. it kind of makes sense for both sides but Montero has been very unimpressive.
    LOL Chen was the ace of my staff for 2 years!

thanks, kab. i think that's a good trade for both of us. hedges was probably my best prospect as he seems to be a consensus top 100 guy.

grats dave for finally unloading chen. as much as we make fun of the guy, he quietly puts up decent numbers. dave's rotation seems to finally be taking shape and if one or two out of diamond/mccalister/cecil can hang around then it'll make it a lot less stressful waiting on prospects to develop. then again, diamond is 25 and mccalister is 24 so they are kinda semi- prospects in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    thanks, kab. i think that's a good trade for both of us. hedges was probably my best prospect as he seems to be a consensus top 100 guy.

grats dave for finally unloading chen. as much as we make fun of the guy, he quietly puts up decent numbers. dave's rotation seems to finally be taking shape and if one or two out of diamond/mccalister/cecil can hang around then it'll make it a lot less stressful waiting on prospects to develop. then again, diamond is 25 and mccalister is 24 so they are kinda semi- prospects in their own right.
    Also ideally Pineda comes back strong next year, and Surkamp is a bit of a wild card.

Bailey
    Harvey
    Pineda
    Diamond
    McCalister

Could be a decent start I suppose, just need to find some additional bats.

Also good luck on your playoff run Mike. You have bought and sold Robertson a dozen or so times it seems! Nathan could have another year left in the tank as well, I like the trade for both of you guys.

Would you guys trade Trumbo for Jose Bautista?

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Would you guys trade Trumbo for Jose Bautista?
    Not with your team. By the time you're competitive Joey Bats will be old.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Not with your team. By the time you're competitive Joey Bats will be old.
    If a couple things break right I could be competitive as early as next year.

Glad my team decided to have its best week of the year this week, basically bumped me from the 3rd pick to the 6th pick.

I still think its bull**** that there are two teams that are more or less allowed to tank with no repercussions, if you don't get at least 8 wins they should really think about taking away your early draft pick.

Senior Member All-Star
    My team is completely crashing and burning this week. At least I don't have to be conflicted about selling while only a couple of games out anymore. I'm not even sure if I'll make anymore moves though. I've been putting Cuddyer and Buehrle out there but there really isn't any interest so I'm fine with riding out their golden years since I already have a lot of prospects. I'm trying to fight the temptation to shop McCann, Holliday, Haren and Garza though. Except for Holliday their value seems low and even Holliday seems to be overlooked this season.

I think the BMH's can be .500 next year since there is some good pitching help on the way but it will take another year or two before you will be fighting for a playoff spot. It is frustrating that there are a few teams that are completely awful with no chance to win (Tim's team is also). But these teams are also going to be awful for several years and they are basically donating to the prize pool.

My team is completely crashing and burning this week. At least I don't have to be conflicted about selling while only a couple of games out anymore. I'm not even sure if I'll make anymore moves though. I've been putting Cuddyer and Buehrle out there but there really isn't any interest so I'm fine with riding out their golden years since I already have a lot of prospects. I'm trying to fight the temptation to shop McCann, Holliday, Haren and Garza though. Except for Holliday their value seems low and even Holliday seems to be overlooked this season.

I think the BMH's can be .500 next year since there is some good pitching help on the way but it will take another year or two before you will be fighting for a playoff spot. It is frustrating that there are a few teams that are completely awful with no chance to win (Tim's team is also). But these teams are also going to be awful for several years and they are basically donating to the prize pool.
    I'd be interested in Haren or Garza to be honest.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I'd be interested in Haren or Garza to be honest.
    Of course you're interested but I consider both to ace-lites despite their mediocre seasons and the price is sky high. Like your 3 best starting pitching prospects for either of them. Still interested?

Of course you're interested but I consider both to ace-lites despite their mediocre seasons and the price is sky high. Like your 3 best starting pitching prospects for either of them. Still interested?
    Um, nope.

I disagree with Garza being an "ace" lite and in a league that values wins this high he is basically a middle rotation guy. Also, he is basically having his career average season this year.

Haren is on the wrong side of 30.

I would give up a prospect package for either one, but I'm not going to give you Harvey, Meyer and Martinez for one of them, all three of which are somewhere near the top 20-30 pitching prospects in all of baseball.

Senior Member All-Star
    Like I expected, you're not really interested in trading for either of them. There isn't a buy low opportunity in a league that values top starting pitching this highly.

I'll trade you Buehrle for less.

Senior Member All-Star
    Mike - did you drop Asher wojalphabet by accident? Someone with your farm system shouldn't be dropping guys like him.

Mike - did you drop Asher wojalphabet by accident? Someone with your farm system shouldn't be dropping guys like him.
    did it on purpose but in retrospect it was probably dumb. im not high on the guy at all and actually like my other SP prospects better than him, but probably couldve dropped a guy like yorman or lipka.

Senior Member All-Star
    hard to believe that none of you had Kepler. I know that Dave had him once upon a time but he cut him awhile ago. I keep finding new prospects that I need to make room for. I'm guessing Jordan Danks, Miguel Olivo and Ervin Santana will be getting cut in the next couple of weeks although I have no idea what I'll do in the offseason when we need to cut players. I have too many prospects.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    hard to believe that none of you had Kepler. I know that Dave had him once upon a time but he cut him awhile ago. I keep finding new prospects that I need to make room for. I'm guessing Jordan Danks, Miguel Olivo and Ervin Santana will be getting cut in the next couple of weeks although I have no idea what I'll do in the offseason when we need to cut players. I have too many prospects.
    I put in a request, right after you did...oh well.

Any of you guys need some last minute help before the playoffs? Guys like Ross, Bay, Venters, Romo, Burton, etc can be had for next to nothing. (see:Swap 2nd round MLB pick for 3rd round MLB pick) Guys like Laroche and Morneau are avail as well but will take a keeper in return.

Also, holy hell my team tore it up this week! I have some holes going into 2013 but I think I am looking at a .500 team with the potential to sneak into the playoffs next year.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast