Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep fantasy baseball league

Deep fantasy baseball league

continue the discussion here

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    continue the discussion here
    Wow, a few interesting trades today. Surprised Beachy was given up for so little. Though TJS is nothing to scoff at.

Hopefully Kab makes the move, and soon we can merge the old thread, in all honesty I prob would have quit this league last year if I wasn't able to chat about it with you guys.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Psuedo screwed me out a 4th win although I can't complain since I thought I was going 1-3 before the day started. 2GB of the last playoff spot.

yeah billybuck definitely got robbed on that trade but he's obviously in win-now mode and his rotation, despite having strasburg, lee and kershaw, was in shambles due to injuries.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 106 Posts
    My team has been playing much better lately (12-4 last four weeks). And with Bauer and Perez up my time to contend may be happening a bit sooner than I thought. It looks like a Timmy L is coming around after today and his last start, which is a godsend. I almost wish I would have waited to acquire a catcher, like one that's actually playing this season.

My trouble is I get so attached to some players, that it's difficult for me to assess where my team can best improve. I still believe in Smoak but firstbase is an obvious place where I need more production. I need an upgrade at second, too, but at least that's not a typical fantasy producing position. I also don't have a legit thirdbaseman this year. But I really like what Davidson is doing at AA.
    Last edited by PseudoSABR; 06-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Psuedo screwed me out a 4th win although I can't complain since I thought I was going 1-3 before the day started. 2GB of the last playoff spot.
    Last time we played, I think you won our match with a walkoff grandslam. Turnabout is fair play.

Also, do you have any interest in trading some of minor league infielders (Odor, Rosario, Schoop)?
    Last edited by PseudoSABR; 06-27-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    I think that was Votto with the walkoff.

You would probably cry in a trade for my MiLB IF'ers. It is my biggest weakness right now and I've collected a lot of them to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    My team has been playing much better lately (12-4 last four weeks). And with Bauer and Perez up my time to contend may be happening a bit sooner than I thought. It looks like a Timmy L is coming around after today and his last start, which is a godsend. I almost wish I would have waited to acquire a catcher, like one that's actually playing this season.

My trouble is I get so attached to some players, that it's difficult for me to assess where my team can best improve. I still believe in Smoak but firstbase is an obvious place where I need more production. I need an upgrade at second, too, but at least that's not a typical fantasy producing position. I also don't have a legit thirdbaseman this year. But I really like what Davidson is doing at AA.

yeah i was a big fan of davidson's and was actually higher on him than borchering not too long after they started their careers. is davidson supposed to be sticking at 3b?

my rotation is decimated.

yeah i was a big fan of davidson's and was actually higher on him than borchering not too long after they started their careers. is davidson supposed to be sticking at 3b?

Supposedly he is. It's been a while since I've read anything about his defense, but the notion of him needing to move seem quelled over spring training.

I'm a bit pissed I took Harrell and his shutout out for Bauer who was only allowed to pitch four innings. Wack! I'm still having a pretty good week though.

Interested in Bruce Chen? he has been on fire lately

Billy Hamilton:

Still mashing the ball with a .869 OPS and has 96 SB in 75 games!! This kid is going to be a fantasy dream in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Billy Hamilton:

Still mashing the ball with a .869 OPS and has 96 SB in 75 games!! This kid is going to be a fantasy dream in this league.
    Dude, I'm happy he's working out for you. I was skeptical. It's easy to count against speed for some reason.

can't remember dave - did you draft hamilton or trade for him?

really happy to be going 4-0 this week despite getting stuck with only 4 SPs because of CC's injury. should gain a game or two on both of DEM and 86ers, which is pretty big considering they rarely lose. Gotta find a way to keep it with with an entire rotation on my DL (Buchholz, Dempster, Pavano, Marcum and Sabathia)

Senior Member All-Star
    I'm pulling for Psuedo this week. He's tied with the Hoyas and I have a chance to pick up multiple games on both the Hoyas and Mac. A really tight battle for the 7th/8th spots.

Maybe I am interested in Trumbo since I have a chance this year.

can't remember dave - did you draft hamilton or trade for him?
    Traded Dem Grinders for him.

I sent over Phil Hughes and Coco Crisp and got back Hamilton, LeCure and Alex Torres.
    It was orginally gonna be Hughes for Hamilton straight up but I wanted Torres as well for some reason.

Either way should provide to be a nice trade.

Do you guys think Trumbo will get two more games at 3rd this year? Really would like him to gain 3B elig for 2013 as well. Though his bat certainly plays at OF/1B

Username best of luck at 4-0 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Maybe I am interested in Trumbo since I have a chance this year.
    Feel free to make an offer, though the asking price will be pretty high, would need a good SP + Great prospect or two great prospects back.

i don't think trumbo will get the extra 2 games but it's not like it would be earthshattering if it happened. all it takes is an injury.

Senior Member All-Star
    My team still wants to hang onto the fringes of the playoff race.

Dave - I'll trade you Sano, my 1st rd'er and Hendriks (you like him and I don't as much) for Trumbo. Interested?

Hey guys,

Just got offered Banuelos+Ellsbury+Chris Johnson+1st round minor pick for Homer Bailey+Trumbo+Romo.

Thoughts? Kab says I should jump on it, and try to get Middlebrooks in the place of Banuelos.

I'm a little torn to be honest and would like advice from you guys.

have had some nice luck picking up SPs off the scrap heap this year.

quintana on white sox has been exceptional and mccalister flirted with a no-no today. of course, i dropped one and traded the other (to dave). hopefully jeff francis can keep up the good work.

i'm honestly not a big fan of that trade, dave. pure evil's team is decent so his MiLB 1st rounder won't be anything spectacular. chris johnson is pretty meh. banuelos is a nice prospect and ellsbury can put up super numbers but you're risking a lot for him to come back healthy. bailey is probably underrated because he has underperformed his prospect-status but he's a good SP in this league and you can probably get more for trumbo (especially if he logs 2 more games at 3b before the trade deadline).

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast