Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capps - "Shoulder Not Good"

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 91 Posts
    Blog Entries

Capps - "Shoulder Not Good"

ESPN 1500 reports that Capps shoulder is "not good"

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...nst_Reds062412

When will the Twins learn to use the DL? If the rest is more than a few days give them two weeks.

It looks like Perkins is the closer for a while. Capps may go to DL. Gardenhire also implied on his show that Duensing will get more starts. Will the Twins need to bring up a lefty for the pen. Matt Maloney, Luke French, Tyler Robertson and Caleb Thielbar are in Rochester. I'd like to see Robertson get some time. Thielbar doesn't have very many AA/AAA innings.
    Last edited by jorgenswest; 06-24-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 351 Times in 175 Posts
    Super, we lose the one guy who could have actually brought us back a decent prospect in a trade.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 48 Times in 41 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess we'll have to pick up his option now so he can come back next year and show us he can be good.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And the fact that he pitched yesterday means they can't even backdate the DL to his previous outing - that was a week sitting on the bench totally wasted.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Capps hits the DL, who comes up? Oliveros and Slama are both injured, I think. Could Guerra get a look?

it would be Tyler Robertson....who's been pretty good in ROC, esp vs LHH.
    Looks like PJ Walters is also ready & will start a game next SAT in the KC DH. Will that mean Duensing back to pen after 1 more start?? Would they waste Liam Hendriks by sending him back?? He's done all he can in AAA, let him take his lumps.
    Again, they should just dump Jeff Gray & get DGuerra up here to start getting some experience.

Blog Entries
    Guerra has had a few rough outings recently. Waldrop has looked pretty good, now that he's pitching again.

I think they'll give Duensing at least one more start - there's a period of 10 days with 11 games coming up. They'll need 5 starters plus a spot start.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Super, we lose the one guy who could have actually brought us back a decent prospect in a trade.
    I wouldn't hold your breath, I doubt any other organizations are stupid enough to give us their version of Wilson Ramos for him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    The correct title of this thread should be: Shoulder- "Capps not Good"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanson93 View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath, I doubt any other organizations are stupid enough to give us their version of Wilson Ramos for him.
    You'd be surprised - it is statistically proven that the collective IQ's of clubs in contention drops proportional to how close it is to July 31st.

Liked 2,992 Times in 1,271 Posts

What the heck?

It boggles the mind. A pitcher can't throw for a week, but they have to put him out on the mound for an inning to confirm it? How is that possible? Is there some difference between throwing in the bullpen and throwing on the mound? How do you discover this ​during a game?

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 58 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    It boggles the mind. A pitcher can't throw for a week, but they have to put him out on the mound for an inning to confirm it? How is that possible? Is there some difference between throwing in the bullpen and throwing on the mound? How do you discover this ​during a game?
    Is this a rhetorical question? Obviously they didn't believe him and made him be a man and try to work through it out there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question? Obviously they didn't believe him and made him be a man and try to work through it out there.
    Are we sure it was the Twins pushing Capps out when he didn't want to play? From what I've heard, it's the opposite - Capps wanted to play and it was the Twins decision to hold him out last week - probably justifiably we now learn.

Quote Originally Posted by mhanson93 View Post
    Ramos > Good prospect > Decent Prospect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Are we sure it was the Twins pushing Capps out when he didn't want to play? From what I've heard, it's the opposite - Capps wanted to play and it was the Twins decision to hold him out last week - probably justifiably we now learn.
    It doesn't really matter. For the sake of my argument about the ineptitude of the training staff, either way is a strike against them.

Blog Entries
    Agreed that nobody looks good in this type of case.

Have to wonder if part of the reason was that they didn't have much confidence in the Rochester roster right now.

Blog Entries
    I doubt it. There are enough guys knocking on the door that having someone come up for a short period wouldn't be detrimental to any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Apparently he didn't feel "sore" until today. They just need to hurry up and DL him.

if he sits for 2 wks.....still got 3 weeks till deadline. Being careful may be better. Wont have any chances for blown saves

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Reports are that Duensing will start again. With Perkins committed to the eighth and ninth inning in Capps absence, the Twins will probably need a lefthanded reliever. It is ironic that a couple weeks ago, it appeared the Twins had a surplus of relief pitchers ready to step in--now they have Guerra ineffective, Slama injured, Oliveros injured. It looks like the options are Waldrop and Robertson and they really need to lefty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast