Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 157 Times in 93 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Traveling With The Twins: PNC Park

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't agree more about PNC Park or the city of Pittsburgh. Went to both for the first time last year. I expected the ballpark to approach the top of the list, but expected not to get much from the city itself in terms of beauty and character. Well the ballpark did more than approach the top of the list, it vaulted to the top. And without much question. The city (and the people in it) exceeded expectations even more. From a visually stunning downtown, to great food and bars, to wonderful personalities whenever we interacted with locals, Pittsburgh became one of my favorite towns. I can't wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    Couldn't agree more about PNC Park or the city of Pittsburgh. Went to both for the first time last year. I expected the ballpark to approach the top of the list, but expected not to get much from the city itself in terms of beauty and character. Well the ballpark did more than approach the top of the list, it vaulted to the top. And without much question. The city (and the people in it) exceeded expectations even more. From a visually stunning downtown, to great food and bars, to wonderful personalities whenever we interacted with locals, Pittsburgh became one of my favorite towns. I can't wait to go back.
    I second (or third) all that: the downtown, the people and the ballpark. I try to go at least once a year from DC.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really like the Pirates and their fans. The Jolly Roger, PNC, the history, and the classic unis are all awesome. Too bad Forbes Field was destroyed a long time ago. Would have loved to see that ballpark as I believe it the largest ever.

Liked 1,190 Times in 694 Posts
    It is classic big steel, defiantly proud of its heritage, jutting its chin out at our expectations.

One of the best sentences I've ever read on this site (or many others).

Great story.
    Last edited by JB_Iowa; 06-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts

PNC Park from my seat on a beautiful, though very hot, evening.

IMG_1182.jpg

View from our seats at PNC on 6/19/2012

Beautiful.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    IMG_1182.jpg

View from our seats at PNC on 6/19/2012

Beautiful.
    You have to be within spitting distance of where I sat at my only game there last year. Weird.