Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Monday in the Minors

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hurray for Arcia! Now Ft. Myers has an even worse team. Santana and Boer are really the only two that I'll pay attention to there.

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Color me Confused when it comes to Buxton. The Twins want him to get acclimated to the GCl and wood bats by sitting out? Wouldn't playing a game in the GCL with a wooden bat by a decent way to get acclimated to, you know, playing games in the GCL with wooden bats?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Piranha View Post
    Color me Confused when it comes to Buxton. The Twins want him to get acclimated to the GCl and wood bats by sitting out? Wouldn't playing a game in the GCL with a wooden bat by a decent way to get acclimated to, you know, playing games in the GCL with wooden bats?
    He's going to get 150+ plate appearances whether he starts today or Friday or Saturday. The big thing is that others have been there for 4-5 months. He's been there for a week. Doesn't hurt him to see the surroundings, meet teammates and coaches, see a couple of games before being thrown into it. Might be best since he's so raw.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks like the GCL Twins decided to go with Landa instead of Maniowski to start today.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, i have that list of starters and now realize that they aren't going in order.

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    He's going to get 150+ plate appearances whether he starts today or Friday or Saturday. The big thing is that others have been there for 4-5 months. He's been there for a week. Doesn't hurt him to see the surroundings, meet teammates and coaches, see a couple of games before being thrown into it. Might be best since he's so raw.
    Sure, I was just wondering what the reasoning behind having him sit to start the season was. Obviously, he's a kid who just graduated from high school 2-3 weeks ago, and now has more money than anyone else in his hometown, and possibly is just overwhelmed. That being said, you would think baseball is the one thing that shouldn't be new (just different) to him.