Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Luke Bard

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Luke Bard

Is Luke Bard going to sign? Also, how much money do the Twins have left to offer him if they decide to go over slot? I know Fanatic Jack said he was not going to sign and wanted to go back to school, but nobody else has said he won't sign.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth said he had a tweet the other day from Luke that, while not answering the question, indicated they had had talks; apparently he was at the marathon game Sunday. They may be haggling over terms, and they may also be making sure his injury has fully healed before they ink something. Just my guess.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to google Luke Bard, and this thread is already the #4 thing that comes up. There really hasn't been much buzz one way or the other about him

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I hate that pick, plus the two Rice relievers. Chances are decent that maybe one of those picks becomes a serviceable MLB reliever (or even closer-type), but Bard is like a lower-velocity version of his brother, and we're already seeing that his brother is struggling to find success as a starter.

I hope he does sign, because the only thing I can think they were doing with this unprecedented "reliever-to-starter" strategy is to load up on college "power arms" that were (a) still available after the 1st round; and (b) would actually agree to sign, as opposed to high school starters, who would be less likely to sign due to the signing bonus cap limiting how much the Twins could throw at them.

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bard officially signed today but I haven't seen the amount disclosed yet. That means that the first 10 picks by the Twins had signed. Good to see

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Christie View Post
    Bard officially signed today but I haven't seen the amount disclosed yet. That means that the first 10 picks by the Twins had signed. Good to see
    He signed for slot - $1.227M

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moved to the On The Farm forum.