Thread: Span's Walk Off RBI

Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts

Span's Walk Off RBI

Interesting note from the Elias Sports Bureau:

First Game-ending Rbi For Span

From Elias: Denard Span's RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning drove in the winning run in the Twins 5-4 win over the Brewers on Sunday afternoon. It was the first time that Span has had a game-ending RBI in his career. Entering Sunday's action, Span's 204 career RBI were tied with the Cubs' Ian Stewart for the third most among active players that never had one that ended a game, behind Arizona's Miguel Montero (278) and Detroit's Gerald Laird (208).

I just thought that I would share that. I had no idea he had never hit a walk off RBI before yesterday's game.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    I was not aware either, but it's not surprising considering who the Twins regularly run out for the 8th and 9th spots in the order. Hard to drive in runs when the Twins don't get bottom of the order bats on base.

Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I was not aware either, but it's not surprising considering who the Twins regularly run out for the 8th and 9th spots in the order. Hard to drive in runs when the Twins don't get bottom of the order bats on base.
    Very true. I would have thought a 8 or 9 hitter could have gotten lucky and got on base somewhere along the line, but I guess not.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.