Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Arcia Promoted to New Britain

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Arcia Promoted to New Britain

Following his appearance in the Florida State League All Star game, Oswaldo Arcia has been promoted to New Britain. He's been destroying FSL pitching for the last 6-7 weeks, so this is a good time for the promotion.

Also, reliever Dan Sattler, the 28 year old signed earlier this month from the St. Paul Saints has been promoted to the Rock Cats as well.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any corresponing moves in New Britain? Dolenc still with the team?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I just learned this morning that Mark Dolenc has been release. With the good news comes some bad news. Dolenc wasn't playing much this year, so it makes sense. But he's a terrific guy and it sounds like he may be close to signing with another organization already.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very good see Arcia's progress. Dolenc was clearly the odd man out, though he can fit in with some organization.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    When Benson comes back that will put the Twins top 3 OF prospects (minus Buxton) playing alongside each other. Hopefully this gets the competitve juices flowing. Hicks and Benson certainly need a spark.

AA is the new AAA these days.....at least as far as Mn is concerned. More than likely see him in Sept.....hopefully see the 3 in the Of.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    AA is the new AAA these days.....at least as far as Mn is concerned. More than likely see him in Sept.....hopefully see the 3 in the Of.
    I wouldn't say 'Likely', but it is 'possible' that we could see Arcia, Hicks, Herrmann and Hermsen get September call-ups straight from AA. Arcia's on the 40 man already, and the other three would need to be added this offseason anyway. They'd have to play well to earn it though.

I don't really see the Twins adding Hicks or Hermsen to the roster for September. No matter how well they are doing there...UNLESS the Twins do a major housecleaning and trade away Pavano, Blackburn, Capps, Morneau, Span and others and are sitting at like 8 open spots on the 40-man. I always find construction of the 40-man interesting. You need a few bodies at the end of the season that can be removed if you add players later on...since the guys you add in November you have to carry thru spring training (I believe). No instant add then drop. It's tough being a GM, wondering about 40-man roster time, service time and such, in the midst of thinking of the future. You don't want ALL your young players hitting arbitration or free agency at the same time. Arcia more than likely will see some time because of being on the 40-man. Will he fast track ahead of Benson, Hicks, Tosoni...now.....

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At my count, that puts Fort Myers at 23 players active. Somebody moving up from Beloit, or are people coming off the DL?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    At my count, that puts Fort Myers at 23 players active. Somebody moving up from Beloit, or are people coming off the DL?
    I would just note that the Midwest League All-Star game is on Tuesday (I think), and at least one of those players will most likely be advancing to Ft. Myers (I mean, how can Tonkin not!) following the game. I'd also note that there is at least one player not on the E-Town Roster or the GCL Roster who is still inthe organization and could take a spot in Beloit... So, there will certainly be more moves following the MWL All-Star game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I wouldn't say 'Likely', but it is 'possible' that we could see Arcia, Hicks, Herrmann and Hermsen get September call-ups straight from AA. Arcia's on the 40 man already, and the other three would need to be added this offseason anyway. They'd have to play well to earn it though.
    Yes....i should have said if he doesnt play well. If he can hold his own, hes up. I think Gibson.....if the rehab continues to go well......could be up as he needs to be 40manned this offseason & could use a few innings before AFL.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I've answered my own question. Munoz is back off the DL.

Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    With Hicks and Benson injured and stalled, I expect Arcia may pass them by on the way to the bigs. If Span gets traded, Revere moves to center, and Arcia may be brought up to play right ... if his brief AA time says he's ready. If not, it would probably be Mastroianni or Tosoni or some other placeholder.