@sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: 2012 Elizabethton Twins Roster and Preview

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! I find this stuff interesting.

Do you see any unsigned draftees who might be sent here if/when they sign? Or are they all destined for GCL?

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hudson Boyd is a pleasant surprise (at least to me). I though Polanco would stick around the GCL at least to start the year.

Any word on Kelly Cross or Cole Johnson? Those are two names I didn't expect to see on the GCL roster.

I would guess Luke Bard, when healthy, would probably end up here, but rehabbing/coming of injury at the Fort would make sense too.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Bard would certainly go to ET of these two, although I would guess he'll go to Beloit, if not Ft. Myers. (although you're right, may just keep him in ft. Myers until he's deemed 100% No need to push him for this half season.)

Cross... you'll see his name tomorrow.

Johnson... not exactly certain what his status is. Not released, but not yet assigned to a team. He's in Ft. Myers.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have herd that Boyd, Harrison,Mata and possibly Polanco will likely be in E-Town for 2 years, similar to Goodrum and Kepler. Anyone expecting to see Harrison, or Boyd in Beloit next year will not likely see them until next August at the earliest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There should be a few spots open in Beloit in the second half after promotions, guys I suspect that will be promoted are:
    Michael Tonkin
    Matt Koch
    Clint Dempster
    A.J. Achter
    Steven Gruver
    and I have a feeling after Rosario recovers from his injury, they will leave him in Ft.Myers like they did with Arcia last year.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    I have herd that Boyd, Harrison,Mata and possibly Polanco will likely be in E-Town for 2 years, similar to Goodrum and Kepler. Anyone expecting to see Harrison, or Boyd in Beloit next year will not likely see them until next August at the earliest.
    That may be the case for some of them but there is no way to know that or to really anticipate that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    That may be the case for some of them but there is no way to know that or to really anticipate that.
    +1, It is amazing Seth that before some of these guys have played their first inning of professional ball some of us already have them destined to repeat next year at ETon. Personally, I am pumped that both of these young men, Boyd and Harrison, will begin their careers at ETon. That tells me the Twins are very high on them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    +1, It is amazing Seth that before some of these guys have played their first inning of professional ball some of us already have them destined to repeat next year at ETon. Personally, I am pumped that both of these young men, Boyd and Harrison, will begin their careers at ETon. That tells me the Twins are very high on them.
    Lol, all you have to do is look at trends, and the Boyd and Harrison info I herd from 2 of the top guys in charge of the twins organization .
    Last edited by jtrinaldi; 06-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Lol, all you have to do is look at trends, and the Boyd and Harrison info I herd from 2 of the top guys in charge of the twins organization so I really don't care what you think.
    Sorry to say Seth, this is the reason I dreaded you giving up your own site. At least you had the creditability of having some class. In the future, I will no longer be commenting on your site.... Have a good day my friend!

And they can eat!

I have Jorge Polanco, Jhonatan Arias, Hein Robb and Daniel Nunez. They rolled in at 3:30 and we have eaten dinner twice and had dessert. I hope they are suppose to gain weight!

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So is the GCL slightly better than Elizabethan? They both appear to be the same level at rk. Or is it that Elizabethan begins earlier than the GCL? What's the difference? I really don't know too much about rookie ball!?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Throw Buxton in there by seasons end hopefully

(maybe he out-hitts everyone in GCL and gets a late July/ August promotion)

That is one sick linuep, and should be a team, yet again, contending for the Appy Lg. Title!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    So is the GCL slightly better than Elizabethan? They both appear to be the same level at rk. Or is it that Elizabethan begins earlier than the GCL? What's the difference? I really don't know too much about rookie ball!?
    No, absolutely not same level of rookie ball

Gulf Coast is for 17-19 year olds....E Town is for 19-21 year olds. IMO

but Appy Lg. is much much tougher competition despite easy hitting environments.
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    GCL is the lowest... It is where mostly high school picks from the current year and guys who come up from the Dominican Summer League.

Elizabethton is an Advanced Rookie League. The Twins send a lot of their college draft picks and guys who have already spent a year or two in the GCL.

GCL starts Monday. Elizabethton starts Tuesday.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madre Dos View Post
    I have Jorge Polanco, Jhonatan Arias, Hein Robb and Daniel Nunez. They rolled in at 3:30 and we have eaten dinner twice and had dessert. I hope they are suppose to gain weight!
    Whoa, seriously?! That is good to have a number of players together like that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries

bah

Sorry to say Seth, this is the reason I dreaded you giving up your own site. At least you had the creditability of having some class. In the future, I will no longer be commenting on your site.... Have a good day my friend!
    don't let the internet get you down!
    Hope you keep posting

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No site is perfect, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. What remains constant is Seth's informative posts. The rest can either be enjoyed or ignored, as you please.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shs_59 View Post
    No, absolutely not same level of rookie ball

Gulf Coast is for 17-19 year olds....E Town is for 19-21 year olds. IMO

but Appy Lg. is much much tougher competition despite easy hitting environments.
    Thanks to you and Seth.