Joe Mauer C
    Josh Willingham LF
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Ryan Doumit DH
    Brian Dozier SS
    Jamey Carroll 2B

SP: NickBlackburn

Plouffe gets bumped up in front of the DH. It's nice to see Gardy breaking up the lineup (M&M boys would be another example), even if it means moving veterans around.

Member Single-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gardy had to move Plouffe ahead of Doumit to make pitchers pitch to Plouffe. Otherwise, they could pitch around him as they did yesterday. Plouffe now lead the team in homers--has 8 more than Doumit, and Plouffe is close to Doumit's rbi total. Who knows--maybe Morneau will also now get some better pitches to hit with Plouffe hitting behind him. Plus, Morneau has been way too anxious at the plate, swinging at first pitch balls sort of like Delman Young used to do. Pitchers right now know that can throw low balls on the first pitch, and Morneau is likely to swing and miss at such pitches.

Liked 688 Times in 360 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unless someone else starts hitting, I believe that the Brewers will pitch around Plouffe no matter where he bats today.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Unless someone else starts hitting, I believe that the Brewers will pitch around Plouffe no matter where he bats today.
    If only we could do the same to Braun...

First post on the forum!

Happy to see Gardy rolling out this line-up. It feel this is our best line-up right now with Mauer at C, Carroll at 2B, Plouffe at 3B, and Doumit at DH.

Side topic - how nice would this game look with both clubs wearing throwbacks from early 80's. Brewer powder blue road vs Twins inaugural Metrodome home uni's.

Blog Entries
    Amazingly, Blackburn gets ahead of Braun 0-2 then gets him to pop out.

I'm setting the over/under on Brewers homeruns today at 4.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    I'm setting the over/under on Brewers homeruns today at 4.
    There is good reason for your prediction. If we are lucky, the rain will kill this game. Otherwise, I am setting the over/under on Twins' being struck out at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    There is good reason for your prediction. If we are lucky, the rain will kill this game. Otherwise, I am setting the over/under on Twins' being struck out at 10.
    I'm taking the over on both. This already has the makings of another long day for the Twins.

Blog Entries
    So do you all think it was intentional that Weeks tried to take Mauer out, and even moved inward to do so? I know that's part of the game, but Mauer was not really blocking the plate, and they could be testing his hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    So do you all think it was intentional that Weeks tried to take Mauer out, and even moved inward to do so? I know that's part of the game, but Mauer was not really blocking the plate, and they could be testing his hamstring.
    It's possible, although I have reason to believe Weeks probably does that no matter who's playing catcher. But you never know.

Plouffe hitting the ball hard again, but unfortunately right at the third baseman.

Blog Entries
    I almost hesitate to say this, not wanting to jinx this, but Blackie is pitching fairly well today. A couple of hard-hit balls, but he seems to have better control than we've seen recently.

Blog Entries
    There we go! Small-ball ties the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I almost hesitate to say this, not wanting to jinx this, but Blackie is pitching fairly well today. A couple of hard-hit balls, but he seems to have better control than we've seen recently.
    Way to go. 3-run homer by Corey Hart. =P

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    It's possible, although I have reason to believe Weeks probably does that no matter who's playing catcher. But you never know.
    According to the radio announcers for the Twins, Weeks does indeed do that to a lot of catchers, and sometimes goes in standing up and trying to take them out like that. Mauer was probably lucky he decided to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    According to the radio announcers for the Twins, Weeks does indeed do that to a lot of catchers, and sometimes goes in standing up and trying to take them out like that. Mauer was probably lucky he decided to slide.
    Yeah, I remember seeing him deliver some pretty vicious hits on catchers in the past.

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like the hamstring is affecting Mauer - that ball he hit to the wall could have been a double if he had been running hard.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Before Greinke joined the Brewers, it seemed like the Twins destroyed him every time they faced him, including that one game where they scored 19 runs. Now, they can't seem to do anything against him now that he is a Brewer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast