Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: National League?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

National League?

I know it's never going to happen, but given our fairly consistent success in inter league play and our perennial struggles against the Yankees and other AL powerhouses, how do you think the Twins would fair if we switched leagues?

A lot more fights with Brewers fans, but you could also justify converting a guy like Hicks easier if you knew he would actually hit once in a while

I'd say all of the National League divisions are more competitive than the AL central right now. You might be able to avoid losing in straight games to the Yankees, but you won't get a free pass to the playoffs with 90 wins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    I know it's never going to happen, but given our fairly consistent success in inter league play and our perennial struggles against the Yankees and other AL powerhouses, how do you think the Twins would fair if we switched leagues?

A lot more fights with Brewers fans, but you could also justify converting a guy like Hicks easier if you knew he would actually hit once in a while
    The Twins would be about the same. it's all about pitching and the Twins don't have a lot.

And having to manage with PH's and no DH? Not for me. Do not enjoy watching pitchers flail.