Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Twins All-Star Representative

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34

    Twins All-Star Representative

    Who represents the Twins as an All-Star this season? Is it Willingham? - is it Mauer? - is it Capps? - is it ?????????????????? What are the TD participants' thoughts?

  2. #2
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,647
    Like
    932
    Liked 1,287 Times in 690 Posts
    I still think it's Hammer, 18 doubles, 11 jacks, slugging .576 with and OPS of .986. Perkins could work his way in though.

  3. #3
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,078
    Like
    4,534
    Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    If Diamond can keep his era under 2.00, I would argue that he deserves this. I also agree that Hammer should go.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Who represents the Twins as an All-Star this season? Is it Willingham? - is it Mauer? - is it Capps? - is it ?????????????????? What are the TD participants' thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I still think it's Hammer, 18 doubles, 11 jacks, slugging .576 with and OPS of .986. Perkins could work his way in though.
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    If Diamond can keep his era under 2.00, I would argue that he deserves this. I also agree that Hammer should go.
    Willingham would certainly be the most deserving pick and at this point Diamond has pitched very excellently, but with the competition and his lesser sample size that would be a surprise. Although I endorse Willingham as the representative, the competition at that position is usually loaded and I would not be surprised if a guy like Matt Capps slides his way in.

  5. #5
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,078
    Like
    4,534
    Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Willingham would certainly be the most deserving pick and at this point Diamond has pitched very excellently, but with the competition and his lesser sample size that would be a surprise. Although I endorse Willingham as the representative, the competition at that position is usually loaded and I would not be surprised if a guy like Matt Capps slides his way in.
    Capps sliding in would enhance his trade value, but Diamond has pitched almost twice as many innings (38.2) as Capps (21.1). On the other hand, Capps has more experience in pressure situations.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Capps sliding in would enhance his trade value, but Diamond has pitched almost twice as many innings (38.2) as Capps (21.1). On the other hand, Capps has more experience in pressure situations.
    Let me be frank - Diamond has pitched awesome and at this juncture has kept the Twins' season afloat to a certain degree. My angle is who you think will be the Twins Rep in the All-Star game and not who you want.

  7. #7
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,078
    Like
    4,534
    Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Let me be frank - Diamond has pitched awesome and at this juncture has kept the Twins' season afloat to a certain degree. My angle is who you think will be the Twins Rep in the All-Star game and not who you want.
    If Diamond can keep his era under 2.00 and wins 4+ more games (preferably burning off lots of innings) before selection day for pitchers, I predict that he will make the all star team. But I agree with you that at this time, Willingham seems like the most likely selection.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    If Diamond can keep his era under 2.00 and wins 4+ more games (preferably burning off lots of innings) before selection day for pitchers, I predict that he will make the all star team. But I agree with you that at this time, Willingham seems like the most likely selection.
    Hey Glunn. We have more that a month to go before the All-Star game and if Diamond keeps going the way he is... you never know - it would be great and I would have no complaints if he was the Twins AS Selection. I hope my last thread comment didn't come off as crass or condiscending... it was meant to be greatly respectful!

  9. #9
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,078
    Like
    4,534
    Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bark, I greatly enjoy our repartee and generally agree with most of what you post. Also, we are both Plouffetists. I was not offended in the least. We share many common goals, including Plouffe staging the greatest improvement of all time and winning the AL home run title.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Bark, I greatly enjoy our repartee and generally agree with most of what you post. Also, we are both Plouffetists. I was not offended in the least. We share many common goals, including Plouffe staging the greatest improvement of all time and winning the AL home run title.
    Glunn... It's gonna happen - it is our will. As Plouffetists, the victory will be ours alone!!!

  11. #11
    Wieters, Napoli, and Santana probably make it at catcher ahead of Mauer, so my guess is Willingham. A case could maybe be made for Span if he's hitting .300 by then. I don't think Diamond will get serious consideration... I still don't think anyone outside of Minnesota knows who he is. Dark horse pick would be Burton.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,645
    Like
    312
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Trevor Plouffe... let's get the ticket stamped... we are headed to Kansas City!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.