Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 56 Twins Vs Royals 06/06/12

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Twins bullpen has allowed only 2 earned runs , past 22 innings

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Burton has been a very good for us. WIth the WSOX losing tonight, and with a win for ourselves, we're just back 9 games. We've overcome more in a shorter amount of time... optimist hat is on.
    I we have 4 or 5 starters who can pitch competently and the bullpen stays strong, then the optimist hat might yet fit. But I wonder whether a team in last place in June has ever come back to win a division championship. If someone knows this, please share. Some optimism would feel good right now after 1+ seasons of suffering (even if it is false optimism).

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,180 Times in 627 Posts
    Cross everything, here come Matty!!!

Blog Entries
    I just took a Valium.

Ok Casilla, you're forgiven....for now.

Liked 142 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Cross everything, here come Matty!!!
    I'm not sure if I can hold my breath for 2 more outs, but I feel like I have to.

Blog Entries
    Nice play by Casilla!!! Good hustle and he did not rush the throw. And a nice stretch by first baseman Trevor Plouffe.

Blog Entries
    #9 hitter up -- just don't walk him!

Atta way Cappy, way to miss some bats.

Twins win, Twins win!!!

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shoulda swept em....wasted effort by Cisco last night...oh well can't complain over a series win.

Blog Entries
    Nice win.

The Royals announcers were talking about how the Twins are superstitiously thinking that they play better with their "M" caps instead of their "TC" caps. Maybe it's working, and we all need to purchase yet another cap.

Now that I think about it, the Twins have lost the last 4 games that I attended wearing my "TC" cap. Yes, definitely need to get an "M" cap.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna count on Blackie cosistently...he did have 95 pitches thru 5 innings. If he can get his ERA down to 5.5 after his start I think we have to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    Shoulda swept em....wasted effort by Cisco last night...oh well can't complain over a series win.
    You just did.

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Nice win.

The Royals announcers were talking about how the Twins are superstitiously thinking that they play better with their "M" caps instead of their "TC" caps. Maybe it's working, and we all need to purchase yet another cap.

Now that I think about it, the Twins have lost the last 4 games that I attended wearing my "TC" cap. Yes, definitely need to get an "M" cap.
    Never been a fan of the M hat, I have one but it's getting long in the tooth, might have to pony up for a new one.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not the prettiest win... but a win none the less. Didn't expect that much out Blackburn - he did better than one could have hoped. Nice play by Casilla in the 9th and Capps was efficient. The offense got it done today, but seemed a bit flat. Hopefully Mauer is back in the line-up on Friday. We are definitely a better offense with our cemented starters playing.

Nice to get it done in a game we really should have got it done in, that's a good win, now let's club those Cubbies!!!

Blog Entries
    P.J. (the "Wall") Walters is scheduled to pitch the opener against the Cubs, and the Cubs pitcher has an era of 4.56, so there is reason to be hopeful

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Burton has been a very good for us. WIth the WSOX losing tonight, and with a win for ourselves, we're just back 9 games. We've overcome more in a shorter amount of time... optimist hat is on.

---Yeah 9 games isn't all that much in early June, but we dug ourselves into too deep a hole, and unfortunately, I don't think we have what it takes to get out of it. It's not like the 2006 team when we had Santana and Liriano (in rookie phenom mode) in the rotation.

It's weird, if you had told me on the eve of opening day that on June 6th, we'd be only 3 games behind the Tigers, I would have thought that would be a good thing. I wasn't sold on the Tigers as a powerhouse, but I thought they'd be better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    ---Yeah 9 games isn't all that much in early June, but we dug ourselves into too deep a hole, and unfortunately, I don't think we have what it takes to get out of it. It's not like the 2006 team when we had Santana and Liriano (in rookie phenom mode) in the rotation.

It's weird, if you had told me on the eve of opening day that on June 6th, we'd be only 3 games behind the Tigers, I would have thought that would be a good thing. I wasn't sold on the Tigers as a powerhouse, but I thought they'd be better than this.
    I agree, no way liaison keeps this up. If he does, we should trade him. I love that we are 3 games behind Detroit. Should be able to take 2 of 3 from Chicago even with all those cubs fans invading....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123