Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: The Twins take one in the Chen

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Twins take one in the Chen

Man, I hate games like this. Bruce Chen and his devestating arsenal of slow pitch softball pitches dumbfounded and handcuffed the Twins line-up tonight. What makes it worse is that Lirano had his 2nd consecutive and 2nd overall well pitched game and received the "L". Even though we lost, I hope he can gain some confidence from this outing - that is by far the only good thing to take from this game. I wish the Twins could teach their hitters how to hit their own organization's pitching philosophy - "Pitching to Contact". Maybe the Twins hitters should have watched some video of our pitchers before this game to give them a fighting chance or edge. Congratulations to Bruce Chen on a well pitched game and also to Liriano... I just wish that the Twins were not the ones to look like bumbling idiots facing Chen. I'd prefer to leave that to the other AL clubs. Oh well, the Twins have overall been playing pretty decent lately. Let's get 'em tomorrow! Damn You Bruce Chen! Damn You!

Laughed when I saw the title, Awesome pun. Hey, as long as Liriano continues to be successful, I'm happy. You will occasionally have an off night hitting, it just happened to be against Bruce Chen tonight.

That last sentence hurt to type regardless.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After taking one on the Chen tonight, I hope the Royals get Blackburned tomorrow!
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins have had a good amount of success against Bruce Chen over the years. It just goes to show that on any given day a pitcher can over achieve and a lineup can fall flat. It's going to happen to even the best teams over the course of a long season, it just sucks when it happens when a guy who has struggled as much as Frankie is starting to get his rhythm back.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"