@Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Chargois. Huh another College reliever. Can play 1B too
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess the Twins are happy with the starters they have in the system.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    And, pick 72 comments from ESPN:

He's strictly a short reliever, someone to sign and send right out to Double-A with the hope that you can get him to the majors before the arm action catches up to him.

What are they thinking? I'd 100% rather they take hitters, than pitchers whose upside is short reliever who you need to play right away before he hurts himself. If, of course, you believe anything BA or ESPN say.
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Should we add Deron Johnson to the list of people that need to be fired by season's end???

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    He had zero homers so I don't think his future is at first base. According the ESPN his future is as a solid reliever for a couple years, until he blows out his arm as a result of his delivery. Just what the Twins need.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Three or four relief pitchers, depending on which scouting reports you believe. It is truly a mind boggling strategy, given what little information and data and opinions we have available to us. I admit to not understanding these picks at all.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting to think Brown told scouts not to draft him below a certain point, which passed long ago.

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Best three lines from MLB.com about pick #72.....

- Scouts haven’t always been able to see him consistently enough to know what he brings to the table.

- He doesn’t have tremendous command

- Chargois is a bit of a wild card

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And Brown goes to Cleveland.....well done Twins.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cleveland took Mitch Brown. Would be funny having him pitch against us all the time.
    I bent my wookie...

Quote Originally Posted by SirLoin View Post
    Should we add Deron Johnson to the list of people that need to be fired by season's end???

Deron shouldve been fired years ago due to his terrible draft record but since he is a member of the twins good ole boys club he is safe.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLoin View Post
    Based on his recent media profile article, it's inexplicable that DJ ever reached such a prominent position, let alone has kept the position. The article's supposition was that Johnson and the scouting department has merely been enduring a string of "bad luck", and conveniently avoided any mention of the "bad luck" in giving a $15Million dollar contract to a middle infielder who clearly doesn't know how to play either MI position, and, is struggling to keep above the Mendoza line at the plate...in Rochester.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So . . . . make fun of the "need guy" all you want here. But the two things that the Twins have a decent amount of in the system . . . outfielders and middle relievers.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Maybe they are drafting players they can sign below slot so they can take risks later by drafting a player they can bribe out of college.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, Keith Law had him rated as #63, Twins pick was 63, so right in line with that. Lot of smoke and no fire with the Twins on Mitch Brown apparently. Kind of disappointed with that.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    It's not about rankings. The Twins have a desperate need for starting pitcher prospects and they are taking college relievers. It is unbelievably stupid. The organization is a joke.

I love all of this inside baseball stuff about how a guy projects, how the Chargois kid is going to below his arm out, etc. Who the H really knows? I for one am just excited that they got some guys that throw hard. Look at our bullpen this year and the studs we have... only 1 of them we drafted (Perkins), the other 2 we got elsewhere (Capps and Burton). The others beyond those 3 are mismatched parts, some we drafted, some we didn't. Chances are only 1 of our first 10 draft picks are ever going to make it.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Does anyone have a draft tracker? All I can get is the live feed from MLB's website but if they are providing a tracker showing who's currently being picked, I can't find it. Maybe they are doing this to prevent other sites from picking up this info? I can't find a working tracker on CBS or ESPN either.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Maybe the brain trust has a new idea for pitching. Three innings every third day. A closer and a spare. 11 pitchers.

All these relievers have me scratching my head, I like to stay positive but wow. I know they will try to turn one or two guys into starters but how often does that work?

I do give them credit for drafting guys who can get strikeouts and sure hope they turn out. This is a critical draft where they have so many early picks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast