Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft Discussion: Day One

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good pick! Power pitcher and an athlete. Keep it going.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    KLAW had him 73...BA had him 49....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Drafts are so exciting. Wishing we had another pick for letting Capps walk though.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neky0801 View Post
    So we essentially get Willingham, a solid prospect, and salary relief for Cuddyer? That seems like a "trade" we might have actually got right.
    I'm with you. That was a great decision. I don't think we lost much in essentially trading Cuddy for the hammer, for less money and then throw in a young pitcher. This is what a GM is supposed to do.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, did they have to pay overslot to get Buxton, and this is their way of making up the difference?

Berrios = Meh. Would like to know what the staff saw that put this kid above several generally higher-ranked prospects. Disappointing.

Senior Member MVP
    The ESPN scout that ins't KLAW just said "chance to start" for the Twins pick, while the next pick "2/3" upside.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    So, did they have to pay overslot to get Buxton, and this is their way of making up the difference?
    No, but he won't go under-slot. I like the pick a lot and he should be signable.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    He's not much (if any) of an overreach. Sickels had him 37 and took him at 32 in his shadow draft. Yankee blogs wanted him at 30. Has a real fastball, lots of time to get better.

Blog Entries
    OK, why not? I'm game.

Mitch Brown at 42?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    He's not much (if any) of an overreach. Sickels had him 37 and took him at 32 in his shadow draft. Yankee blogs wanted him at 30. Has a real fastball, lots of time to get better.
    None of us has seen him pitch. You have to trust the scouts we have and realize that he isn't going to be pitching for the Twins for many years. Young arms need a lot of time to develop. They must be very high on his talent.

I liked Berrios but with McCullers on the board I'm a little disappointed. I guess McCullers was a hard sign. Smoral would've been good too but he's probably a hard sign too and may end up have injury problems. The thing about Berrios that scares me is mayo says he might not get that much better, sounds like a reliever to me. Hopefully he works out though. Man, Plawecki and Light gone already, I liked both those guys, bummer. Here's to Mitch Brown at 42!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Perhaps picking Barrios was a prelude to picking over slot at 42.

Senior Member MVP
    Why do I have to trust the scouts? We can only know what we read on line, and other than Sickels, good luck finding anyone that had him in the top 45. The ESPN guy says he has a chance to start, and Mayo says he won't get much better. Not sure why you'd do that if other guys are on the board.
    Lighten up Francis....

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if they maybe got a guy they liked, but think they can save some money and will take and pay McCullers?

Blog Entries
    So does anybody have any stats on what percentage of draftees actually end up signing? Of the 43 players we select this year, how many will actually join the system?

Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Drafts are so exciting. Wishing we had another pick for letting Capps walk though.
    x2 Ryan should be fired for wasting a potential high upside guy for the right to overpay for a mediocre closer that won't make 1 game difference in standings.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Berrios = Meh. Would like to know what the staff saw that put this kid above several generally higher-ranked prospects. Disappointing.
    Several teams "reached" if you go strictly by rankings...

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Supposed to have a great curve too..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast