Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game 53 - Twins @ Cleveland - 6/3/12

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,257 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    He sprained it swinging on his last AB
    Man. I figured it had to be a baserunning mishap. He's put in all this work to play nearly every game this season, shaking off derogatory comments about being a soft player, and then as DH he hurts himself at bat?!?!?

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't say I blame her. It can be a grind sometimes, although this winter was mild for what we are accustomed to. The winter before sucked big time - too much snow. Are you originally from MN?
    No, I am originally from Memphis -- became a Twins fan from listening to night games on the radio.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Man. I figured it had to be a baserunning mishap. He's put in all this work to play nearly every game this season, shaking off derogatory comments about being a soft player, and then as DH he hurts himself at bat?!?!?
    Mauer must have some kind of curse. Let's make it clear that I am not a Mauer contract hater. His luck has gone straight down the ****ter since he signed it. Hopefully he is back in a few days, it seemed like he was getting his wheels spinning to make a move at pushing his BA into the area we are all comfortable with him at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    No, I am originally from Memphis -- became a Twins fan from listening to night games on the radio.
    Cool. I have been close to Memphis while traveling, but never had a chance to stop in... I need to. You must be accustomed to top notch BBQ. I would think that Memphis is Cards territory. It is awesome that you had access to Twins games - glad to have you as a fellow Twins fan! BTW - Is that Cardinals Territory? It was a bumber to lose Pujols, but the Cards are my bros down the river. Far and away my #2 team.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cool. I have been close to Memphis while traveling, but never had a chance to stop in... I need to. You must be accustomed to top notch BBQ. I would think that Memphis is Cards territory. It is awesome that you had access to Twins games - glad to have you as a fellow Twins fan! BTW - Is that Cardinals Territory? It was a bumber to lose Pujols, but the Cards are my bros down the river. Far and away my #2 team.
    Memphis was and remains Cardinals territory. And a great place for BBQ.

I became Twins fan in 1965, from watching the World Series against the Dodgers. Then I discovered that at night I could listen to Twins games on WHO radio out of Des Moines, Iowa. For years, I listened to most of the night games.

When I was a kid I had a Harmon Killebrew bat and a Twins cap -- not easy to come by in Memphis. And I saved my lawn mowing money to get a subscription to the Sporting News, mainly for the Twins coverage.

I have been to Twins games in Boston and Anaheim, but have never been to Minnesota. I keep wanting to go, but the opportunity keeps eluding me. In the meantime, I go to most of the games when the Twins play in Anaheim, and have met lots of fans who have actually set foot in Minnesota. It's always funny when they ask where in Minnesota I am from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Memphis was and remains Cardinals territory. And a great place for BBQ.

I became Twins fan in 1965, from watching the World Series against the Dodgers. Then I discovered that at night I could listen to Twins games on WHO radio out of Des Moines, Iowa. For years, I listened to most of the night games.

When I was a kid I had a Harmon Killebrew bat and a Twins cap -- not easy to come by in Memphis. And I saved my lawn mowing money to get a subscription to the Sporting News, mainly for the Twins coverage.

I have been to Twins games in Boston and Anaheim, but have never been to Minnesota. I keep wanting to go, but the opportunity keeps eluding me. In the meantime, I go to most of the games when the Twins play in Anaheim, and have met lots of fans who have actually set foot in Minnesota. It's always funny when they ask where in Minnesota I am from.
    Minnesota is a fairly decent place - especially in the summer. I think you would really like Target Field - architecturally it is the best of the best. You should come and check it out!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234