Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Minnesota Twins Top Ten Prospects

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only reason I would like Sano in Ft. Myers would be to work with the better coaches. Him and Rosario could really benefit with a move to A+. But it's not because I want him in the majors this year.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    When do they finally move Sano to RF or 1B? It "appears clear" he won't be sticking at 3B.....This top 10 list is pretty nice, with lots of ceiling (but some bad floors too....). For some reason, I'm a big Rosario backer. I just read a future 2B in him.

Quite a few exciting players, several of which we are seeing now or will be seeing soon. Thanks for putting this together.

Is there a reason that Boyd moved up so much even though he hasn't played?

Jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure you have the wrong position for Arcia. Just an FYI for those reading that don't know.

Arcia - position - right-handed power RHP.....

I saw Rosario play 2B in Beloit a couple of weeks ago. I thought he got some poor jumps/reads.....like he is still learning the position. I also could see the athleticism; he made an awesome relay throw to 3B, quick and very strong. I hope the conversion to 2B is successful.

The night I was in Beloit Sano got the night off, then popped out as a pinch hitter. Lots of fans were disappointed he wasn't in the lineup, me included.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Many believe that he may eventually need to move to the bullpen. It’s way too early to know that.

This seems to be the Twins problem. Draft guys high that either wash out or have to go to the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by ossieO View Post
    I saw Rosario play 2B in Beloit a couple of weeks ago. I thought he got some poor jumps/reads.....like he is still learning the position. I also could see the athleticism; he made an awesome relay throw to 3B, quick and very strong. I hope the conversion to 2B is successful.

The night I was in Beloit Sano got the night off, then popped out as a pinch hitter. Lots of fans were disappointed he wasn't in the lineup, me included.
    Prada screwed that game up though. He had 2 catchers playing (dh and C). He pinch hit Sano for an outfielder or something like that and then took sano out and put another OF in or something. He should have picnh hit Sano for the DH or done a double switch and and had the Catcher dhing play C and then Sano take DH taking the Catcher who was playing C out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Arcia - position - right-handed power RHP.....
    Too bad he's Left-handed q cause that actually would be an awesome position!
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    While I really like Arcia as a prospect, I do think you need to go the extra mile and point out that he is Hicks-esque (or would that be Hicks-like?) in that his platoon OPS split is .551/.980 vs. LH and RH, respectively.

YUK. This top 10 list is exhibit A why the entire scouting department should be fired. They havent drafted a single true prospect in years. A system full of Blackburns and Hockings is just plain embarassing.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    While I really like Arcia as a prospect, I do think you need to go the extra mile and point out that he is Hicks-esque (or would that be Hicks-like?) in that his platoon OPS split is .551/.980 vs. LH and RH, respectively.
    Great point, and it was in my notes, and it's why he is #5 and not #3.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    YUK. This top 10 list is exhibit A why the entire scouting department should be fired. They havent drafted a single true prospect in years. A system full of Blackburns and Hockings is just plain embarassing.
    I don't think that's fair or true. Not in the Top 10. There are those types in 11-20 group, but not in this one. Like any team's top 10, there are question marks, but I think everyone in the group has high ceiling, with the possible exception of Dozier who looks more like a sure-thing to contribute for awhile.

Liked 81 Times in 61 Posts
    A couple years years ago, the best we could put on this list were guys like Valencia, Plouffe, Hughes, Manship, etc. We correctly assessed that none of those players were going to be difference-makers. Sano, Dozier, Rosario, and Hendriks versus those guys? So, this farm system has improved. Anyone who thinks this top ten is void of exciting prospects is utterly clueless. Don't you agree, twinswon1991?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seth, are you going to update your list throughout the season? Like after the draft?

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am surprised, but pleased to see Rosario rated #2. Not that a offensive and defensively minded CF is bad, but if he can stick at 2B all the better. So far, so good for the 4th round pick out of Puerto Rico.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PMKI View Post
    Seth, are you going to update your list throughout the season? Like after the draft?
    Typically I do one following the end of the minor league season... Then when my next book comes out, it'll hae a top 30 or 40. A ton of research goes into the book, and that's why things can change from September to January.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that Rosario just needs a bit more time at 2B and will be able to master it. Converting an OF to an IF is kinda difficult because the ball comes to you much faster in the IF, plus in the middle positions you need to figure out footwork with covering 2B with runners trying to steal or advance, turning the double play as well as being the cutoff man. He will be fine. He is a smart athletic kid. Not like he has to play the position in the majors right now... in the 2-3 seasons it will take him to reach the majors, he will master it. Interestingly enough, the Twins switched another Beloit guy, JaDamion Williams to OF from 2B.

I cannot argue with this list. Hendriks and Dozier will not be on prospect lists for much longer. I think that Benson's season was a tad disappointing, but he was hurt, so that is maybe an excuse.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Anyone who thinks this top ten is void of exciting prospects is utterly clueless. Don't you agree, twinswon1991?[/QUOTE]

Sano is a VERY exciting prospect but he was not drafted. Name one impact player or potential impact player the Twins have drafted since Mauer? Span is a solid major leaguer but will never be an all star. Other than that????? I hear Crickets......... Liraino had major potential but he was a trade target. Try to find one organization that has drafted worse in that time span. All I am saying is if you have DRAFTED no impact players and have no draftees listed in the top 50 of any MLB prospect lists it is time to clean house in the scouting department or you will be putrid forever.

This organization MUST draft and develop because they cannot spend with the big boys and their coaching will always be skewed towards pitch to contact and opposite field hitting which can't compete against good teams esp. in playoffs. They need extreme talent like Santana, Hunter, Morneau, and Mauer to overcome the poor coaching philosphy.
    Last edited by twinswon1991; 05-30-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast