Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin's Egg Blue

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries

Robin's Egg Blue

Anyone Miss the Robin's Egg Blue Jerseys?

I do... I think we should go back to them. Modernized...of course... using the Carew days color scheme. Probably don't need the same color pants.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Anyone Miss the Robin's Egg Blue Jerseys?

I do... I think we should go back to them. Modernized...of course... using the Carew days color scheme. Probably don't need the same color pants.
    The Twins are already somewhat of a laughing stock. What do you like about the robin egg color?

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    NO...please NO!!!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the Robin Blue uni's would be okay. The uniforms we sport now are a mismatch of other team's designs and colors and dictate a lack of inspiration. It's not like they would be as horrible as the Astro's or Expo's uniforms of the 70's-80's. I like it. Let's push it forward.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I kind of like the idea. Not every game, but maybe 2 Saturday night's a month or something like that.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that those uniforms were pretty hideous and were actually worn when the Twins were pretty hideous as well... Maybe they are appropriate that way...

Seriously, they should live them where they are now I'd rather see the alternate red back, that would be a nice change
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    The Twins are already somewhat of a laughing stock. What do you like about the robin egg color?
    Nostalgia.... It was the Color of the Twins as I grew up watching Bombo Rivera and Danny Goodwin. That color was the Twins and the Twins owned it.

I like it today because the Twins can own it again. Robin's Egg Blue and Red. I also am bored with every team being Dark Blue, Red or Black. I just thought of it while watching the only Green Team in Baseball. The A's own that color. Just a thought and I thought some would agree while other's toss cookies.

Just don't do the Blue Pants... That's what made the old ones tough to stomach. White or Grey Pants would be fine.

Disclaimer... I'm not a fashion designer... Not even close.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 05-28-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you could just have the Robin Egg Blue Jersey without the pants. I think that a top to bottom Robin Egg Blue would work. From now on why don't we call that shade of blue "Carew Blue". 1977, .388 BA, to me that is what that color represents.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I don't think you could just have the Robin Egg Blue Jersey without the pants. I think that a top to bottom Robin Egg Blue would work. From now on why don't we call that shade of blue "Carew Blue". 1977, .388 BA, to me that is what that color represents.
    You are probably right about the Blue Pants... And Carew Blue Should be the Color name... Good Idea. If Sherwin Williams actually called it Carew Blue... I'd paint my house with it.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So you all want to bring this look back?

-----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Blog Entries
    Hell Yeah! Look how the "Carew Blue" accentuates Bruno's physique as he makes his start from the batter's box to 1B. He looks intent and powerful. How can the Twin's deny that this is a much better uniform than there "Rip Off" uniforms?

Blog Entries
    You are probably right about the Blue Pants... And Carew Blue Should be the Color name... Good Idea. If Sherwin Williams actually called it Carew Blue... I'd paint my house with it.
    I'd paint my house "Carew Blue" also!

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    I'm all for it. The Twins unis are awfully boring, with the possible exception of the cream-colored home unis.

The blue is definitely better than those Pixie Vests they used to wear every time Carlos Silva started.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    I take it that Robins produce blue Eggs.

Last edited by Highabove; 05-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    So you all want to bring this look back?

Yes... But Modernized. Modernized is the key word... That photo doesn't leave a modern impression so it's misleading.

Well... I'm really gonna wish washy this thing up... Modernized in a retro sort of way. Lol... Take the Color scheme and Let Nike take a swing at it. Just tell the Nike folks... You want this color scheme in a modern retro fashion. Carew Blue and Red.

Just imagine Bruno wearing those colors again. This time as hitting coach. Oh yeah... No you like it. Lol...

That color is no longer Robins Egg Blue. It's Carew Blue. Bark and myself have issued the decree and that should be good enough for the name usage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post

Alright Caption Contest time.

I'll go with "ladies and gentlemen... May I present the most open batting stance... The world has ever seen."

Or "I was alway taught to keep my weight back but Vavra insists that I stand on my toes with my body leaning forward with one hand on the bat for better plate coverage."

Or "damn... these Carew Blue Jerseys look great with my Mustache".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    I take it that Robins produce blue Eggs.

Yes they do... Lol... I Just want to point out that if you google and attach a picture of a Robin... You can also google and attach a picture of a robin egg.

Also... If you don't mind... For context... I'm naming this bird in your photo... "Carew".

Blog Entries
    Yes... But Modernized. Modernized is the key word... That photo doesn't leave a modern impression so it's misleading.

Well... I'm really gonna wish washy this thing up... Modernized in a retro sort of way. Lol... Take the Color scheme and Let Nike take a swing at it. Just tell the Nike folks... You want this color scheme in a modern retro fashion. Carew Blue and Red.

Just imagine Bruno wearing those colors again. This time as hitting coach. Oh yeah... No you like it. Lol...

That color is no longer Robins Egg Blue. It's Carew Blue. Bark and myself have issued the decree and that should be good enough for the name usage.
    I'm with you brother. Let's take it to the streets and front office! All we need to say is "Carew Blue". If it lost on the F.O., let's grind them out!

Blog Entries
    on another note...

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love an old school retro look with a modern flair. A lot of my Twins apparel has this color in it. I think it would be best utilized as a secondary uniform worn on a certain day of the week and see how it goes from there.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast