Brian Dozier SS
    Trevor Plouffe LF
    Alexi Casilla 2B
    Jamey Carroll 3B

SP Anthony Swarzak

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Please tell me that you have the positions for Revere and Plouffe flipped.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    Nope. The manager is an idiot.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 515 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It would be nice to have a data sheet available to read from Gardenhire's mind when he made that decision. Plouffe in LF and Revere in RF is disappointing to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    It would be nice to have a data sheet available to read from Gardenhire's mind when he made that decision. Plouffe in LF and Revere in RF is disappointing to say the least.
    I mean, theoretically some ballparks it could perhaps make sense. But this is just stupid, flat-out. There is no excuse for something bizarre like this. How much has Plouffe even played in left this year, anyway? I mean . . . it's not even as though Plouffe hasn't played RF . . . this must have to do with what? Gardenhire's belief that RF is somehow bigger than LF at Target Field????

Blog Entries
    Is Revere's smile brighter in RF?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Has Gardy been drinking?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Doumit must be hurt again?

Blog Entries
    For the past week I have been talking about DHing Willingham a few games a week to get Revere into LF to maximize the OF defense . . . ugh.

Blog Entries
    I mean, theoretically some ballparks it could perhaps make sense. But this is just stupid, flat-out. There is no excuse for something bizarre like this. How much has Plouffe even played in left this year, anyway? I mean . . . it's not even as though Plouffe hasn't played RF . . . this must have to do with what? Gardenhire's belief that RF is somehow bigger than LF at Target Field????
    I have to admit that I am closed minded in regards to having a weak armed RFer. If Revere has a chance to stick as a starter he will have to play LF (maybe occasionally CF). I agree with you Shane Wahl that this is a a bizarre move. I am not sure if I would prefer Revere over Plouffe in RF in any situation or ballpark. I am not saying I couldn't be persuaded on that, but I'd need to here or read the argument.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about an error free game today... The last 2 games have been ugly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I have to admit that I am closed minded in regards to having a weak armed RFer. If Revere has a chance to stick as a starter he will have to play LF (maybe occasionally CF). I agree with you Shane Wahl that this is a a bizarre move. I am not sure if I would prefer Revere over Plouffe in RF in any situation or ballpark. I am not saying I couldn't be persuaded on that, but I'd need to here or read the argument.
    I can't think of a ballpark at all, no. And that was just me considering the dimensions vs. speed of the outfielder, not even weighing that against arm strength. This is a fundamentally idiotic decision--there is no way around that. That says a lot about what goes on between Gardy's ears.

Blog Entries
    I can't think of a ballpark at all, no. And that was just me considering the dimensions vs. speed of the outfielder, not even weighing that against arm strength. This is a fundamentally idiotic decision--there is no way around that. That says a lot about what goes on between Gardy's ears.
    I'm on board... agreed!

My theory is if he plays Revere in left today, he knows he'll be asked later on about the possibility of keeping him there and moving Willingham to right in the future. So he would rather diminish his team's chances of winning one game than have to answer questions about a topic he doesn't feel like discussing.

Blog Entries
    I think I am going to start drinking immediately to not think about this anymore. It makes me crazy.

Blog Entries
    I think I am going to start drinking immediately to not think about this anymore. It makes me crazy.
    Cheers and bottoms up

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    My theory is if he plays Revere in left today, he knows he'll be asked later on about the possibility of keeping him there and moving Willingham to right in the future. So he would rather diminish his team's chances of winning one game than have to answer questions about a topic he doesn't feel like discussing.
    I was thinking along those lines, too.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Doumit was held out of Thursday's lineup after feeling something in his strained right calf on Wednesday, so he's presumably getting another day to rest.

There really wouldn't be any question about Revere replacing Willingham. Willingham is a professional hitter and Revere is not good at all. Willingham is this team's best all around left fielder, and it's not close. Not sure what the hell Gardy is thinking.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seems applicable here again...back in spring training, the word was that Revere didn't play LF as well as they had expected. Even Revere made the comment that certain things that he couldn't explain were going well for him in RF that weren't in LF. I don't recall what things they were referring to, and the few innings I was able to see of spring training certainly wasn't enough to know with my eye. Even had I seen more, it's likely the lifetime baseball people are seeing a lot more than I could.

Not agreeing with something and taking the leap all the way to Gardy (or anyone else) deliberately sabotaging the team's chances to win is troubling to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast