Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 45 - Twins vs Tigers - 5/25/12

Before I start getting ripped for my comment, I should probably let it be known that I was being a smart ass (my fault for not making that clear in my previous post). Obviously Gardenhire wouldn't deliberately sabotage his team's chances in order to avoid questions from reporters. I've second-guessed many of his decisions before and more often than not he's proven why I'm watching games from my living room while he's watching them from the dugout.

However, it is disappointing that a Major League Baseball player would have trouble making a transition from right field to left field, if that is in fact the case with Revere.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    Before I start getting ripped for my comment, I should probably let it be known that I was being a smart ass (my fault for not making that clear in my previous post). Obviously Gardenhire wouldn't deliberately sabotage his team's chances in order to avoid questions from reporters. I've second-guessed many of his decisions before and more often than not he's proven why I'm watching games from my living room while he's watching them from the dugout.

However, it is disappointing that a Major League Baseball player would have trouble making a transition from right field to left field, if that is in fact the case with Revere.
    Yeah, I didn't catch the sarcasm font on that post. There's enough people who think things just like that in earnest that you can see where it might have gone "whoosh!" over a person's head!

Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    Yeah, I didn't catch the sarcasm font on that post. There's enough people who think things just like that in earnest that you can see where it might have gone "whoosh!" over a person's head!
    Yeah, after going back and reading my post, I realized that it would be impossible to tell whether I was being serious or not. I don't always agree with Gardenhire, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he has a much better feel for his team than I do.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,257 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Detroit's lineup against Swarzak has five lefties if I counted right. Can it be Gardenhire's judgement that Revere's speed makes it worth having him in RF, with more fly balls going out there? (Is Swarzak hard for right-handers to pull the ball on?)

Is Detroit's total speed on the basepaths slow enough that Revere's arm becomes less of a factor holding (e.g.) Cabrera and Fielder to second on someone else's single, especially with Austin Jackson out of the lineup? Stolen bases aren't the only measure of speed but Avila and Boesch are the leaders in this lineup with 2 SB apiece.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 05-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So how about we start talking about the game and how the twins have 2 runs and 3 hits in the first inning... Lets hope swarzak can get his location settled he got a bit lucky in the first inning

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dozier still proving he is the man

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ugh swarzak... So why are we starting swarzak again? They showed the stat at the beginning of the game.. Rediculously high era as a starter, rediculously low era as a reliever.... Lets go ahead and start him, especially against a team he usually struggles against

Twins better be ready to put up an 8 spot again tonight.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Just stupid managing.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So does Liriano get another chance to start??? Kinda running out of options!

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asmus_ndsu View Post
    Ugh swarzak... So why are we starting swarzak again? They showed the stat at the beginning of the game.. Rediculously high era as a starter, rediculously low era as a reliever.... Lets go ahead and start him, especially against a team he usually struggles against

No other options!!!

In hindsight, the Twins probably should've left Swarzak in the bullpen and just set up a pitching machine on the mound. Probably would've gotten the same results.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    So does Liriano get another chance to start??? Kinda running out of options!
    But we know that Liriano will get shelled. Maybe Butera should get the next spot start.

Liked 1,064 Times in 476 Posts
    Great outing Swarzy.

Miguel Cabrera steals second. What an embarrassment.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Liriano started the inning from the stretch. It's got me thinking. Liriano used to use a windup... Right?. He didn't always pitch from the stretch exclusively... Right? I'm trying to remember and I usually remember stuff like this.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Back in the wind up now... Poor kid is really searching for something

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It's a good nite to fire the manager and I use to like him.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    So.... Valencia was ejected tonight for arguing a 3rd called strike. That's nice.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Did Carroll just get tossed? I couldn't tell if it was him or Jerry White.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast