Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: A Sleeping Giant Awakened?

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: A Sleeping Giant Awakened?

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This would be good.

Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This could be a difference maker. Mauer also homered, and if those two can get going, then there will be a lot more run production.

Liked 3,026 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Let's keep our fingers crossed. Health and a return to his previous status as a hitter would be really, really good news.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gts

Good to see. Too bad they blew 3 or 4 chances and Duensing's mess.

Liked 1,208 Times in 702 Posts
    Another thing I found positive about last night was that Morneau played first again (all 3 games in the series). On Wednesday night he made a tag on someone and Bremer commented about how it was so danagerous to his wrist ... and all I could think was "if making a tag at 1st is dangerous to the wrist, he needs to retire." (Yes, I reallize he could DH).

It's nice to see the (no longer so) big guy looking like a recognizable facsimile of his former self.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm just happy to see him playing and playing well. I hope he gets a well-deserved run of good health.

Would be a great story if he comes back for good. He's a beast when he's healthy and dialed in.

I think Justin would rather play first than DH and his hitting shows that. May this good hitting continue.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 510 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm dwelling on the negatives too much, but Morneau has dreadful splits against lefties. I won't believe he's "back" until he is able to sustain solid ABs against portsiders.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In his 2006 MVP season he was batting .237 with a .756 OPS on this day in May. If "healthy and dialed in" from here on out, it still could be a great ride.

Will he be traded

If Morneau continues his improvement, will the Twins trade him? How many years does he have left? Is he a long term answer still?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Miguel Sano will be the 1st baseman in 2015. That leaves one year between the end of Morneau's contract and the beginning of Sano's. Parmelee will probably work out.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Interesting stat ashbury. Boy if he could hear up, the market could be great for him

His value is on the rise now having hit a few homeruns lately. The Twins should trade him if the offers they get provide valuable pitching prospects. Too bad Mauer has a no-trade clause because they need to trade him as well. The Twins after all need to rebuild.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    Miguel Sano will be the 1st baseman in 2015. That leaves one year between the end of Morneau's contract and the beginning of Sano's. Parmelee will probably work out.
    If Sano were to move to 1st, he's taking an EXTREMELY similar path to another Miguel a few of us have heard about. I hope we get similar results.