Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Carlos Correa

Carlos Correa

So I read on twinsbaseball.com that the Twins worked out Carlos Correa. Does anyone know the likelyhood that they end up drafting him? He seems like the toolsy player they like to draft, but he plays infield, where there's a dearth of talent compared to what there is in the OF right now.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can't see it, unless they really, really liked what they saw. Gotta think they're pretty set on taking a pitcher unless Buxton is available.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like Correa and I think Twins like him too, but I view him as a top 10 pick not a top 5 pick. I think the Twins were just doing their due dilligence like they should when you have the number 2 pick. When it is all said in done the Twins will either draft Appel or Buxton with an outside shot of Zimmer and Gausman. If I had to put money on who the Twins pick it would be Byron Buxton.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Houston has been pushed into a corner with the number 1 pick. I think they want Buxton, but getting alot of pressure to pick Houston native Mark Appel. My question is not are they the same caliber of Mauer and Prior because they arent. But will Houston take the best player or the hometown kid?

I don't know why everyone is so certain the Twins are going to go pitcher at #2. They're not drafting for need. They're going BPA. If Buxton is there, i think they take him. I think they go P is he's gone. I'd prefer Correa, though.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 191 Times in 117 Posts
    I was wondering if they'd take Correa at #2, a legit pick, to save money. If the Twins don't sign him, he probably slips to #6 (M's on Zunino, Balt and Royals want pitching). So he and the Twins could come to an agreement to sign for, say 4.5m, saving the Twins nearly 2m to either spend elsewhere or to just save money.

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Smart money says that if Buxton is available at #2, the Twins are picking him. If Houston picks him it will be Appel/Zimmer/Gausman. From what I've read, all three of those college pitcher are projected to be about the same. They all have different strengths/weaknesses, but you're going to get someone that projects to be a #2 starting pitcher. Which, that isn't bad considering the Twins don't have too many pitchers that even have that high of an upside.

Correa would be an interestering pick for sure though. I just don't see it happening.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Twins Big Board:
    1. Byron Buxton, OF
    2. Kevin Gausman, SP
    3. Mark Appel, SP
    4. Kyle Zimmer, SP
    5. Carlos Correa, SS

I'm basically hoping for Gausman or Buxton. Whoever the Astros don't choose of the two may be the best choice.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 191 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    My Twins Big Board:
    1. Byron Buxton, OF
    2. Kevin Gausman, SP
    3. Mark Appel, SP
    4. Kyle Zimmer, SP
    5. Carlos Correa, SS

I'm basically hoping for Gausman or Buxton. Whoever the Astros don't choose of the two may be the best choice.
    Yep, that's how I look at it, too. But I'm going to be happy with any of them.

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    My Twins Big Board:
    1. Byron Buxton, OF
    2. Kevin Gausman, SP
    3. Mark Appel, SP
    4. Kyle Zimmer, SP
    5. Carlos Correa, SS

That is pretty much the order that I would like to see too.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.