Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Bromberg

David Bromberg

Another great start from the 24 yr old today. 6IP 3h 1er 3bb 8k ND.
    How the organization has handled him is baffling.
    He finishes the 2010 season @ AAA makin 9 starts & has a 3.98ERA & .234BAA in 52IP w/47k 13bb on a terrible ROC team.
    So they reward by adding him to the 40 man roster BUT making him go back to AA??????
    In what I call the butterfly effect, he effectively loses the whole season from a broken bone on a comebacker.......if he's @ AAA where he belonged/deserved...there is no injury & he continues to develop.
    He then gets taken off the 40 man roster as we instead add retreads like Marquis, Gray & Maloney & is sent to AA for 3rd yr.
    Gets put in bullpen & is DRILLED with 9h 9er 2bb in 1 IP between his 2nd/3rd appearances. Lost season/career correct???
    He's put back into the rotation...... 6 starts 31.2IP 20h (.180BAA) 5er (1.42ERA) 33k 13bb
    Are these not numbers worthy of a promotion after Diamond/DeVries/Walters??? Instead DThompson & (coming up) Matt Maloney get starts in ROC
    As one of organizations only strikeout/hard throwing pitchers......why is he not considered a better prospect???

I think he has worked his way back into the "prospect" conversation. I really hope he's moved to Rochester after last night. Starting Maloney is a waste of a spot when a guy like Bromberg should be moved up to continue his development.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think there should be room for both Maloney and Bromberg at Rochester and eventually Minnesota. Bromberg has pitched great in New Britain and it could be exciting to see what develops with him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A year after breaking his pitching arm, David Bromberg has worked himself back into the mix.
    Twins execs must be drooling to see this guy in Rochester.
    Good job, Bromberg.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    A year after breaking his pitching arm, David Bromberg has worked himself back into the mix.
    Twins execs must be drooling to see this guy in Rochester.
    Good job, Bromberg.
    I don't know if Twins execs are, but I am... He's ready to move up now.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Bromberg has been promoted to AAA and will start on Monday.

Sweet.....know Terry Ryan knows who Seth is....probably been reading this site & decided to get his crap together!!

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sure we'll see him later in the summer... if not sooner.

as a former 40 man guy who throws relatively hard ....for this organization.....if he throws well at ROC, he'll be up in MN.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know Bromberg had a lot of strike outs in the low minors, but I thought they were the result of his stuff. While his working fastball rate may be faster than that of Pavano, I think it sits in the low 90s and not in the context of a pitcher considered a hard thrower. I also think he is a fly ball pitcher. Would Kevin Slowey be a reasonable comp? Maybe not. Slowey probably had a better control. He also relied heavily on fast ball location. They both are fly ball pitchers with low 90's fastball. Like Slowey, Bromberg will probably struggle to miss major league bats.
    Last edited by jorgenswest; 05-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Admittedly, I don't know a lot about this guy. But I am excited by the possibility of anyone who could potentially come up and help this team and maybe be a part of the future.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Really intrigued to see how he fares today.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Charged with four runs on 7 hits and 2 walks in 5.1 innings.

Seth, what his injury & when is his ETA back from DL??

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Seth, what his injury & when is his ETA back from DL??
    Right shoulder. Talked to him last week, and he's rehabbing. I don't think it's real long term, but I don't have an ETA.

4 games back in New Brit for him since re-activation, but it doesnt seem they are stretching him out to start anymore
    9.2 IP 12h 4er 9k 4bb
    Have they stopped his progress again by keeping him in pen or is his arm still not 100%

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4 games back in New Brit for him since re-activation, but it doesnt seem they are stretching him out to start anymore
    9.2 IP 12h 4er 9k 4bb
    Have they stopped his progress again by keeping him in pen or is his arm still not 100%
    I bet they do stretch him out again, but that they are going to go about it slowly so that there is less of a chance of a setback. Gibson, Bromberg and Stuifbergen healthy and starting will make me more comfortable about SP depth in the system.

Bromberg with 6 shutout innings today 2hits 3bb's 2Ks in 83 pitches before a rain delay

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Bromberg with 6 shutout innings today 2hits 3bb's 2Ks in 83 pitches before a rain delay
    Lack of Ks is disconcerting, but glad he's stretching out. Maybe he's Rochester bound soon...

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 77 Times in 44 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would be surprised if he turned out anything more than Swarzak has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast