Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Buterable

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries

Buterable

1. Drew Butera will not hit .360 this year if he has another Plate Appearance. If he has another 100 PA's he will bat .230 or less and that is being kind.

2. Although it is fun to speculate. Butera will not become a pitcher, let alone the Twin's Closer.

3. The joke is over. There has been too much Butera boosting. Because of this, I am getting the hives, cold sweats, and I cannot keep any food down. Cut me a break... please!

4. I will give the Butera backers this: Butera is a good defensive catcher and calls a decent game, but because he hits like a JV high school baseball player against MLB pitching, he is simply...

BUTERABLE!!!

Blog Entries
    ... and I will add that I would be pro Butera being transitioned into being a pitcher as that would mean he would no longer be on the MLB active roster as a position player. Whatever happens after that is anyone's guess. It has worked for some and not worked for others. Sergio Santos is the most recent to come to my mind and it has worked to certain degree. Butera threw at 94mph yesterday vs Santos' usual 97mph... a bit of a difference, but a Butera gave a small sample size.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    shoot, and I was just about to start a "Butera For MVP" thread.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bark's - Do you really think anyone thinks that he will hit .360 or will become the Twins closer? Enjoy the moment. He's playing pretty well right now. Even when he's getting out, he's hitting the ball hard. That's all. No one is making an more of it than that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    So much for Bark's mia culpa the other day about having fun on the website...

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought Butera was our catcher of the future and #5 hitter once Mauer moved to a different spot. Good thing I had you to told me otherwise!

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Even with his nice 28 plate appearances this year, Drew has an OPS+ of 40. That is 437 plate appearances in 151 games. Ride the hot streak while he's on it, we know it won't last too long.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Butera makes the Ramos trade acceptable!!!!!
    Butera's next trick is to solve world hunger.

I think Barks is sending a mixed message. By spelling ButerABLE, rather than BuTERRIBLE, I'm inclined to believe he just might be ABLE to hit .360 while leading the league in saves. So you're telling me there's a chance...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Bark's - Do you really think anyone thinks that he will hit .360 or will become the Twins closer? Enjoy the moment. He's playing pretty well right now. Even when he's getting out, he's hitting the ball hard. That's all. No one is making an more of it than that.
    No Seth I do not. I think I got a little over excited because his name was being thrown out there too much in a positive manner, whether that being sarcastic or not. I'm happy for him none the less. Be it AAA or MLB, it seems he has had his most successful run as an offensive player this season. I really shot high with the .230 or lower Avg. I had on this thread. His hot start might actually keep his season Avg. above the Mendoza Line. Cherio and back to the drawing board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRiveter View Post
    I think Barks is sending a mixed message. By spelling ButerABLE, rather than BuTERRIBLE, I'm inclined to believe he just might be ABLE to hit .360 while leading the league in saves. So you're telling me there's a chance...
    You might be on to something...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post
    So much for Bark's mia culpa the other day about having fun on the website...
    Yeah, I took a dump in a urinal on this one.