Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Saturday's Minor League Round-up

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Too bad about Boer continuing to struggle; as an EP native, I really want someone from here to make it to the bigs. I would also agree with what you said about Slama and there not being a hole in the bullpen for him. Lastly, how much of a no-doubter was Nishi's HR?

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    An excellent round-up. Well done! Thanks for doing this.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Without having been able to watch Boer pitch in FM, I would guess he's just not having success throwing his change-up. If that's the case, I would anticipate him being shifted to the bullpen. The hope at the beginning of the year was that he would add that pitch to his fastball and slider allowing him to stick in the rotation.

I haven't read/seen anything that called Nishi's HR a no-doubter, the Red Wings website called it a "blast", but that's the most I could find.

Went to the Burlington-Beloit game. Gruver left with "tightness in his back" (according to his coach). Sano hit the ball hard twice, one to second and the other, which shattered the bat to shortstop. Sano looks out of place at third, although he has a good arm and range. I wonder if he would do well in the outfield. Sano has probably the quickest snap of the wrists when he bats I've seen in a while. Sano, I think would be a good center fielder. Beloit used several left-handed pitchers and none really impressed me with their control.