Nyger Morgan CF
    Ryan Braun LF
    Aramis Ramirez 3B
    Jonathan Lucroy C
    Rickie Weeks 2B
    Tyler Green 1B
    Edwin Maysonet SS
    Yovani Gallardo SP

Iron man Mauer needs a day off after the only game all year he actually came close to earning his paycheck???? Does he have bi-lateral weakness from counting his money? If he is sooo good he should be playing 1B against a RH starter.

My guess is Mauer asked Gardy to take him out of the lineup since the BrewCrew has a front line starter on the mound and he doesn't want to put his precious OBP on the line against any top pitcher.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    My guess is that Pavano insists on Butera. Brutal. Just. Brutal. They can deny it all they want, but actions speak louder than words.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This looks more like a line-up Gardy uses on Sunday get away day. Don't like it very much, fast but no pop. Mauer will probably pinch it for Pavano and stay in the game around the 5th or 6th inning, though not sure if he play C, 1B, or RF.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a (late) day game after a long night game. Given that Mauer had been struggling until last night's game, it made sense to sit him in one of the games in Milwaukee. Given Pavano's insistence that Son-of-Sal catch him, it doesn't surprise me that Mauer is not in the lineup.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    Iron man Mauer needs a day off after the only game all year he actually came close to earning his paycheck???? Does he have bi-lateral weakness from counting his money? If he is sooo good he should be playing 1B against a RH starter.

My guess is Mauer asked Gardy to take him out of the lineup since the BrewCrew has a front line starter on the mound and he doesn't want to put his precious OBP on the line against any top pitcher.
    I am hoping that yesterday was the start of a turnaround for Joe and that Pavano will pitch a shutout today because he is more comfortable with Butera. Also, Butera seems to be hitting better this year, so maybe he can get a hit or two.

Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post

Great, thoughtful post! Looking forward to your next op-Ed piece in the Times.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    My guess is that Pavano insists on Butera. Brutal. Just. Brutal. They can deny it all they want, but actions speak louder than words.
    This was part of my disagreement about Mauer's presence behind the plate with Alex in another thread. Mauer is 5 for 9 lifetime against RHP Gallardo coming off a game where he showed confident agressiveness at the plate, getting three hits on pitches out of the strike zone. Every pitcher on the team should have complete confidence in having The Face of the Franchise calling the game for them as the backstop. Hopefully mnfireman is right and Mauer gets the chance to build on his slump-busting performance last night and enter the game in the 5th or 6th.

It seems like the plan coming into this series was to give Mauer today off no matter what. Otherwise, Gardy could've taken him out before the 8th inning of last night's blowout win so he could be ready to go today. When I saw Mauer still behind the plate in the 9th, I knew that we'd be seeing Butera starting today. With that being said, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to give Mauer a day off here, especially with Morneau back playing first.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Catchers need days of. Yes, I understand that he is able to play other positions, but he needs days off.

It's like playing Morneau every single day after some wrist surgery until his wrist is so sore that he needs to go on the DL and miss two weeks. Catchers need days off or they'll get weeks off eventually.

Great play by Span to help Pavano work around the leadoff double.

Carroll's slugging percentage may not be anything to write home about, but his defense has been fantastic so far this season, regardless of where he's played.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Carroll has been tremendous for the Twins. We'd all like a little more batting avreage, but every other facet of his game has been as expected. To be honest, his defense is far better than I ever would have guessed.

Not gonna lie. I have been watching the chick in the front row behind home plate. The one sitting above the O in brewers.com. She was there last night too. I am surprised Diamond didn't give up more runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Carroll has been tremendous for the Twins. We'd all like a little more batting avreage, but every other facet of his game has been as expected. To be honest, his defense is far better than I ever would have guessed.
    I wasn't trying to knock Carroll there. I was just saying that he's been a great pickup for the Twins, even if he hasn't set the world on fire with his bat.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So anything going on in the actual game? Can't see it on mlb.tv thanks to Fox.

0-0 in the top of the 4th, Twins have runners on the corners with 1 out and Morneau coming up.

Morneau walks, here comes Dozier with the bases loaded and 1 out.

Hopefully the Twins can stretch this inning out a bit. Get Gallardo outta there and get into the pen.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am at work now and recording the game at home. Is Pavano pitching as well as it appears from the box score?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast