Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: O-Dog Released

O-Dog Released

2010 Twins second baseman Orlando Hudson was released by the Padres, and I love this excerpt from RotoWorld:

Padres released 2B Orlando Hudson.

ESPN's Keith Law first reported that Hudson was designated for assignment, but the Padres have actually requested release waivers, which is a mere formality before he can sign with any team. The 34-year-old was a massive disappointment during his time in San Diego, batting just .238/.313/.344 with a .657 OPS over 585 plate appearances. However, we're sure somebody will take a chance on him at the major league minimum. Alexi Amarista has been called up from Triple-A and should get most of the playing time at second base moving forward.

Massive disappointment?!? A .657 OPS?! That would be the 6th best OPS on the Twins, at least among guys that have been regular "starters"!!! Better than Casilla, Carroll, Plouffe, Parmelee, and Valencia!

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That is his career slashline with the Padres. This season is .211/.260/.317 (.567 OPS) I think that this makes him better than just Permelee with the Twins (I think that Plouffe's OPS is higher after this afternoon's game.) Yes for $9.5M for 2 seasons a huge dissapointment.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98