Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Doumit to the DL, Ben Revere's Coming Back

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Doumit to the DL, Ben Revere's Coming Back

    Ryan Doumit has been placed on the 15-day Disabled List with a calf injury. Ben Revere was promoted and is expected to be in Detroit on Thursday.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    I guess we knew this when we signed him. Very productive when healthy, but has trouble staying on the field. Hopefully this will only be the 15 day's and we get him back.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    256
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    I'm sure surprised Revere was called up considering the upper management hates him. They prefer Homacksu and Clete Thomas to Revere. They also refuse to stand up to Span and tell him he is moving to right field.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,221
    Like
    15
    Liked 65 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    I hope he gets regular time in LF while he is up with Willingham at DH and Morneau at first.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Posts
    244
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    I didn't see the injury. What did he do to hurt it? Hopefully he won't be out to long as he has been pretty clutch the last few weeks.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    1,764
    Like
    505
    Liked 329 Times in 174 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    I'm sure surprised Revere was called up considering the upper management hates him. They prefer Homacksu and Clete Thomas to Revere. They also refuse to stand up to Span and tell him he is moving to right field.
    I'm unsurprised. Revere is a replacement-level player at the moment. It's unsurprising that a front office that looks good mostly because the previous GM destroyed the franchise would call up a player who is better served by playing every day in AAA where he's not consistently overmatched.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,251
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Twins placed C Ryan Doumit on the 15-day disabled list with a right calf strain.

    Douit suffered the injury during Wednesday's victory over the Tigers. He is likely to need around three weeks of recovery time, meaning Drew Butera should be much more active than usual for the rest of May. Doumit is batting .264/.328/.445 with five home runs and 24 RBI in 33 games this year.

  8. #8
    Revere 23gms in AAA 31-94 for a .330BAve 1 double (1 frickin XBH) with only 4bbs.......can see why Terry Ryan doesnt love him

  9. #9
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,040
    Like
    1,175
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    I'm sure surprised Revere was called up considering the upper management hates him. They prefer Homacksu and Clete Thomas to Revere. They also refuse to stand up to Span and tell him he is moving to right field.
    What? Revere was sent down for the purpose of playing time and he had options left. Thomas and Komatsu were waiver claims. When they get sent down they have to go through waivers and sending them down risks losing them.

    I don't think hatred is part of the equation. I actually sense that the Twins brass is rather fond of Ben. Some posters on this site seem to dislike Ben a little tho.

    Are you sure that Span is refusing to budge? Or been asked to budge at all? I think Gardy likes him consistently in CF.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,787
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    Joe's gotta catch more and Willingham will either have to DH or move to RF. Damn it. God! Matt Carson might have been a better option otherwise.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    What? Revere was sent down for the purpose of playing time and he had options left. Thomas and Komatsu were waiver claims. When they get sent down they have to go through waivers and sending them down risks losing them.

    I don't think hatred is part of the equation. I actually sense that the Twins brass is rather fond of Ben. Some posters on this site seem to dislike Ben a little tho.

    Are you sure that Span is refusing to budge? Or been asked to budge at all? I think Gardy likes him consistently in CF.
    Pretty much. Span is by far the better centerfielder... why mess with one of the only positions on your roster that is better than most?

  12. #12
    Id roll with Revere in LF, Span in CF platoon Komatsu/Mastro in RF w/Plouffe @ 3B w/Josh DHin. That's a pretty solid defensive OF

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,787
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Id roll with Revere in LF, Span in CF platoon Komatsu/Mastro in RF w/Plouffe @ 3B w/Josh DHin. That's a pretty solid defensive OF
    Yeah, I would expect Span to get one more day of rest (day game tomorrow . . . although maybe that makes Revere's trip more difficult?) and then it would be great to see a Revere-Span-Mastroianni OF for at least a game.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    100
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    I am not going to make this a Revere forum as most that know me know that I am a big Revere supporter. However, it is a shame that Doumit got hurt as he was really coming on. Hopefully he can be back in 2-3 weeks because this offense definately needs him. Right now he has been the most consistant hitter in this lineup and they will definately miss him. I don't expect the DH spot to be a steady spot for anyone and the arrival of revere seconds that motion. Mauer, Morneau, Willingham, and Span will all get turns at the DH spot. Maybe Willingham would make the most sense so you could put revere in left, but sometimes as a manager your job is to keep everyone happy and Willingham even though he is not a great outfielder has been clear he enjoys playing in the field. I still expect him to play left 4 out of 6 games. Revere will get some pt as they will want to baby span because you don't want him to pop his hamstring so you be careful with that. Revere will play center until Span is ready. Let me be clear the reason Revere got the call instead of others is he is a great hitter. I know some will say he is a singles hitter, well i am fine with him being a singles hitter especially with his speed and ability to steal bases. So the Twins didn't bring him up to sit on the bench he will play. Probably not every day but I expect him to get plenty of opportunities to hopefully shut up the revere haters once and for all.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    But wait - isn't this going to completly screw up Gardenhire's plans for the season??!?

    Shouldn't they have brought up Rivera, so they can have that 3rd catcher on the roster?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Triple-A Gernzy's Avatar
    Posts
    397
    Like
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Really sucks Doumit got hurt. He has been completely tearing it up this month.
    I bent my wookie...

  17. #17
    Calling up Revere must be more to do with Span's hamstring than it has to do with Doumit's injury. I hope that if Blackburn is really injured that he goes on the DL soon, too so the Twins can call up either another bench player (an infielder makes the most sense) or finally give Slama a chance to stick with the big league club.

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,787
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by travistwinstalk View Post
    I am not going to make this a Revere forum as most that know me know that I am a big Revere supporter. However, it is a shame that Doumit got hurt as he was really coming on. Hopefully he can be back in 2-3 weeks because this offense definately needs him. Right now he has been the most consistant hitter in this lineup and they will definately miss him. I don't expect the DH spot to be a steady spot for anyone and the arrival of revere seconds that motion. Mauer, Morneau, Willingham, and Span will all get turns at the DH spot. Maybe Willingham would make the most sense so you could put revere in left, but sometimes as a manager your job is to keep everyone happy and Willingham even though he is not a great outfielder has been clear he enjoys playing in the field. I still expect him to play left 4 out of 6 games. Revere will get some pt as they will want to baby span because you don't want him to pop his hamstring so you be careful with that. Revere will play center until Span is ready. Let me be clear the reason Revere got the call instead of others is he is a great hitter. I know some will say he is a singles hitter, well i am fine with him being a singles hitter especially with his speed and ability to steal bases. So the Twins didn't bring him up to sit on the bench he will play. Probably not every day but I expect him to get plenty of opportunities to hopefully shut up the revere haters once and for all.
    I don't want to make it a Revere forum either, but on what planet can anyone call Revere a "great hitter"? He's just come around to be a good singles hitter in AAA. He has not done so in the majors. And being a great singles hitter is not being a great hitter. And batting is more than just hitting.

  19. #19
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,787
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    Calling up Revere must be more to do with Span's hamstring than it has to do with Doumit's injury. I hope that if Blackburn is really injured that he goes on the DL soon, too so the Twins can call up either another bench player (an infielder makes the most sense) or finally give Slama a chance to stick with the big league club.
    Yeah you're right all around here.

    Although I would want Ray Chang to get his cup of coffee a la Brian Dinkelman last year, I would think that Florimon is the next IF to be brought up unless Valencia starts going ape quickly. That said, it would be damn funny (in a depressing sense) if Sean Burroughs was back before Valencia! Ha.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Posts
    363
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    I hope he gets regular time in LF while he is up with Willingham at DH and Morneau at first.

    I think you will see this with Doumit out. Have to keep Mauer at C as much as possible but that may be a problem because he's been playing alot and his knee is probably still sore from the foul tip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.