Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

View Poll Results: In your opinion, how many games should Brett Lawrie be suspended?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 6 games

15 48.39%
  • 6-10 games

6 19.35%
  • 11-15 games

4 12.90%
  • 16-20 games

5 16.13%
  • 21-30 games

0 0%
  • 31-50 games

1 3.23%
  • more than 50 games

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brett Lawrie Suspension Poll

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    He has zero intend to hit the umpire. He just jammed the helmet down and the thing bounced up and touched the umpire softly.

Clearly that umpire has blown at least those 2 strike calls and he could have potentially affected the outcome of the game. He should also be suspended. This league does not hold umpires accountable enough. Fines and suspensions for bad calls and especially when umpires trying to showing up players and managers (and I think that the last ball called strike in that case could be it, based on Lawrie's previous reaction) should be in order.
    It seems most are in somewhat agreement with thrylos on this matter. The Umps should be disciplined as well as players. Umpire arrogance is a big problem. Plus, they should be sent down to the minors just like players if they are not performing. A few games was sufficient in this case.

Umpires are disciplined, we just never hear about it. It's usually assumed if an umpire isn't with his usual crew it is because he's on vacation. I believe that it is written in the bargaining agreement with the umps union that these matters are to remain private and not discloed to the public. Which is a complete joke in my book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12