Thread: Article: Mother's Day Game Notes and Highlights

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Mother's Day Game Notes and Highlights

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Seth, you had to be watching Rochester to see Revere's impact today. They got their first run when he bunted for a double. OK, the official scorer only gave him a single, but he bunted it off the second baseman's glove. When the ball rolled out to right field he kept going to second. Next hitter was Florimon who singled and it was 1-0 Wings. Tough day for Guerra as they wasted an excellent start by Hendriks.

How bout those Beloit starters. Wheeler last week's Pitcher of the Week in the MWL. Then, Summers and Tomshaw with big back to back starts. Summers really looks like he is coming on as his arm stretches out a bit.

Have a great day Seth!

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have to admit, I'm perplexed, Roger... Revere bunted one so hard that even though it touched the 2B's glove, it still went into RF??

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I have to admit, I'm perplexed, Roger... Revere bunted one so hard that even though it touched the 2B's glove, it still went into RF??
    It was an odd play Seth. It was one of those bunts to the right side that you want to get past the pitcher. The second baseman was playing in an odd position. He lunged for it to his left and just barely got the end of his glove on it. It was dying at that time, but the impetus of his glove hitting it made it roll twenty feet or so out into right field and towards the line. He should have just knocked it down because Revere was almost at first when he touched it. It was exciting to watch Revere never slow down a bit, just made the turn and easily made it to second. There wasn't an error on the play and the official scorer only gave him a single, which I don't understand. To me, it has to be a bunt double. Go figure! Florimon was up next and immediately hit a clean single to right for the Wings first run. Watching Revere play down there has been fun. He really is getting the experience he missed last year...all the little things. I haven't looked lately, but I suspect his OBP is higher as he seems to be on base two or three times nearly every game. On Friday he was airborne all over the outfield, didn't make either of the two plays he literally went airborne to get. But there isn't a center fielder alive who would have made either play and he came close. And he always bounces up like a rubber ball and gets the ball back to the infield best he can. The Twins need his fire and energy. Don't know if you agree, but I hope he stays down for another 6-8 weeks before he comes up so that this style of play is ingrained into his DNA.