Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Saturday... in the Park(s)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Saturday... in the Park(s)

The Twins offense is a mess. Plouffe isn't going anywhere, but playing everywhere. Parmelee is so overmatched and having to use Alexi off-the-bench...come on. The Twins need a bench. PJ pitched a great game, but stranding guys at third with one out not once but twice.....

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that Benson is doing so poorly. He seems like a players with tools, but has a hard time with the game. Just like Billy Beane in Money Ball--all tools, but lacks senses.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb18 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Benson is doing so poorly. He seems like a players with tools, but has a hard time with the game. Just like Billy Beane in Money Ball--all tools, but lacks senses.
    Or, he's just in a really prolonged slump.

I will say this was one of the better played games of the year, great double play, until you factor in hitting with runner in scoring position. Also fear it suggests my expectations have totally eroded.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Joe Benson is a complete bust.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good morning Seth, Isn't it great seeing Hermsen do well at AA. I know there have been lots of folks who have been down on him because he doesn't throw hard enough. I have always seen him as a workhorse, a bulldog who seems to get it done at every level he has been at. Will be interesting to see if he can keep this up for the entire season, if he does he could be a solid performer for the Twins in a couple years. Also great seeing Bromberg back on track after last year's lost season to the broken arm.

And Jack, Benson is not a complete bust. He is an extremely talented young man who has one last aspect of his game that needs work. That and get out of a slump which has dogged him for a month.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Or, he's just in a really prolonged slump.
    I definitely wouldn't call him a bust, but there's something significant going on with him mechanically or mentally. He's had 131 PAs and has a .528 OPS. He's never hit for great average in the minors but he also never had an OPS below .800 in the last three years.

Benson is the type of player who could go 15-25 w/5HR this upcoming week. That is how streaky he is/has been.
    Would be nice to see Hermsen/Bromberg each get to AAA this year based on performance & not kept in New Brit due to a percieved MN timeline of how/when to get promoted.