Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buxton's injury and return

Liked 1,267 Times in 732 Posts

Buxton's injury and return

David Dorsey has a story about Buxton's injury/re-injury and return.

Thought some of you might find it interesting:

http://www.news-press.com/story/spor...wing/12655233/

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 83 Times in 29 Posts
    Nice night for the kid tonight.

3-4 with a walk and a triple.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Jeepers, I thought this thread was going to tell us he had another injury. This is much better.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Hopefully last nights game is his launching point for the rest of the season and he gets up to AA and plays some AFL to get at bats in and comes back full strength for spring training.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    The kid continues to be on fire. Through the 7th inning tonight, 3 for 3 with another home run plus a BB. He's 10 for his last 19, with 2 homers.

PS Polanco is 3 for 5 tonight with his 6th homer. Why isn't he at NB already - they don't even have a SS with any future there.
    Last edited by ScottyB; 07-18-2014 at 08:56 PM.

I just turned the Fort Myers online stream and I heard the announcer say "hopefully Buxton is alright" heading into the break. Buxton was on base and ended the inning on the base paths. Anyone listening know what happened?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 91 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naobermiller View Post
    I just turned the Fort Myers online stream and I heard the announcer say "hopefully Buxton is alright" heading into the break. Buxton was on base and ended the inning on the base paths. Anyone listening know what happened?
    Keep us informed, please!

He was hit by a pitch.

He went to the field.....they haven't mentioned it since. Hopefully I'm just crazy

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He was hit on the wrist with a pitch.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Was it THE wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Was it THE wrist?
    they're going to extra innings. Buxton has been in the field since it happened. Hopefully he'll get an at bat here and we'll get to see

Edit: Buxton coming up in the top of the 10th with runners on 2nd and 3rd
    Last edited by naobermiller; 07-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.

After striking out in the top of the 10th, Buxton returned to the field in the bottom of the inning. Having him swing a bat was what I was worried about, so at least early signs point to everything is just fine

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Buxton is 11 for his last 22 in his last 5 games. This includes 2 HR's, 1 triple, 5 walks and at least 1 HBP. That's at least a .608 on base record. I guess his spring training is coming around. Another few games like this and how long do they wait to move him up?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think he's in NB before the month is over, if he continues to rake and has no further injuries.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgo4 View Post
    Buxton is 11 for his last 22 in his last 5 games. This includes 2 HR's, 1 triple, 5 walks and at least 1 HBP. That's at least a .608 on base record. I guess his spring training is coming around. Another few games like this and how long do they wait to move him up?
    Let the kid be healthy first and then let's talk about moving him up.

Here is another consideration: The Miracle has close to the 10th best record in the minors. But still it is a game behind the FSL North leader (Dunedin) and just 2 games or so ahead of St Lucie and Palm Beach in the South. So this is a pretty amazing year for the Miracle and if the Twins were to promote the 3 position players who deserve it right now (Buxton, Michael and Polanco) they'd take them out of the competition.

Still, I hope that Buxton is close, but the wrist has been a pretty big set back this year. Got to make sure that he is healthy and hitting. AA next season and a call up some time in 2015 (if the stars align for him) will not be too bad for him.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    The kid continues to be on fire. Through the 7th inning tonight, 3 for 3 with another home run plus a BB. He's 10 for his last 19, with 2 homers.
    OPS of 1.818 in the past 3 games. That's a large enough sample size, right? Translates to a MLB OPS of 1.500 or so, I would guess. Question is not when to call him up to the Twins, but whether some higher league will call him up from us.

18. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Twins Twerp (07-19-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 371 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think he moves up before August 1st. I do think, after missing so much time, it was wise to shake the rust off at a level he's had some success at rather than throw him into AA right away. Now it's just about maintaining health and trying to maintain this groove.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let the kid be healthy first and then let's talk about moving him up.

Here is another consideration: The Miracle has close to the 10th best record in the minors. But still it is a game behind the FSL North leader (Dunedin) and just 2 games or so ahead of St Lucie and Palm Beach in the South. So this is a pretty amazing year for the Miracle and if the Twins were to promote the 3 position players who deserve it right now (Buxton, Michael and Polanco) they'd take them out of the competition.

Still, I hope that Buxton is close, but the wrist has been a pretty big set back this year. Got to make sure that he is healthy and hitting. AA next season and a call up some time in 2015 (if the stars align for him) will not be too bad for him.
    The Miracle won their division in the first half. They are in the playoffs at the end of the year. I don't think it matters much at all what kind of record they have in the second half.

By all accounts, Buxton was slated to start the season in New Britain. He is playing below the level he was supposed to play. The Twins waited until he was 100% before he saw the field, so yes, he is healthy. Most of all the kid needs to play and play at the highest level against which he can succeed. He's not some guy who might be a good player. He is the number one prospect in baseball.

Liked 58 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am going to guess that Buxton gets promoted on the Monday the 28th. its after any weekend games. I do not know the schedule so if there is an off day around then, that's the day he'll likely be promoted.

So what's your guess date he gets promoted to AA?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast