Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Cards need a catcher

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts

Cards need a catcher

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...rade+Rumors%29

Molina is out for 8-12 weeks with torn thumb. Suzuki could be a good fit, per ESPN Bowden.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Because I doubt they'd be willing to move any of their starting pitching or starting pitching prospects...

IF they came to us, I'd start the conversations at Piscotty (RF) from AAA and a low A ball slash Rookie league prospect or Marco Gonzalez. Albeit I believe that price is a bit high for Suzuki...but that's where I'd start the asking. Throw in a few players to get a player like that though would be the idea. They might part with Piscotty because they have basically 4 OF guys at AAA that have decent potential as MLB players and having 3 guys on the MLB roster already (Tavares is up now). So maybe due to abundance, could get more value than normal.

Good hit tool, canon for an arm RF...also played some 3B at Stanford I believe.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    Be nice if they could get a decent left handed hitting catching prospect to pair with Pinto for Suzuki. Probably cant' get that much for him.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Blog Entries
    Bowden is right though...Molina's age and contract says they only need a rental for the rest of the year. Suzuki makes the most sense. Highest value with only a 1 year deal.

Blog Entries
    yeah...Herrmann isn't the answer.

Here's there "top 20" prospects according to MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2014/#list=stl

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Be nice if they could get a decent left handed hitting catching prospect to pair with Pinto for Suzuki. Probably cant' get that much for him.
    I'm not sure that guy even exists.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    O's also need a catcher for the rest of the year.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    O's also need a catcher for the rest of the year.
    Dodgers and Jays too. There would be a nice market if Ryan makes him available.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    I want James Ramsey because he is wearing glasses in that picture......no other reason, just seems cool for a nerdy reason....
    Lighten up Francis....

10. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

drjim (07-10-2014)

Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I want James Ramsey because he is wearing glasses in that picture......no other reason, just seems cool for a nerdy reason....
    Ramsey drew Tim Tebow comparisons at Florida State, where he stood out as a star athlete with obvious leadership skills and strong Christian faith. The Rhodes Scholar nominee turned down second-round money from the Twins as a 22nd-round pick in 2011, then went 23rd overall as a senior the following June and signed for $1.6 million.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Leaves open the possibility of resigning Suzuki for 2015 in the winter and pocketing a prospect or two.

I wonder how much the Cardinals care about pitch framing. I don't remember them being among the teams interviewed by Ben Lindbergh in his series of articles last year.