Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Article: Get out your brown paper bag, its going to be a long season. (Instructions included!)

  1. #1

    Article: Get out your brown paper bag, its going to be a long season. (Instructions i


  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    3,794
    Like
    26
    Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    198
    Good stuff!
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,420
    Like
    63
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Perfectly Put! VIVA St. Louis Cardinals!

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,251
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Can't Gardy take control of his team? better find someone else soon!

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Can't Gardy take control of his team? better find someone else soon!
    Curious how you suggest he do that?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    256
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Seth,

    I think we should sign Gardy and his coaching staff to a lifelong deal. I know you believe he is the greatest manager ever. Come on hold somebody accountable.

  7. #7
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Seth,

    I think we should sign Gardy and his coaching staff to a lifelong deal. I know you believe he is the greatest manager ever. Come on hold somebody accountable.
    I've never said any of that... My question is how people suggest Gardy "take control of his team?" Yell more? Get tossed out more? Start punching players?

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    3,794
    Like
    26
    Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I've never said any of that... My question is how people suggest Gardy "take control of his team?" Yell more? Get tossed out more? Start punching players?
    The one thing he should be doing is not playing favorites. Liriano sucks, he is sent to the pen. Marquis sucks worse, he is kept in the rotation. Valencia sucks, he is sent to Rochester. Hughes sucks, he is waived. Casilla sucks, he is benched. Plouffe sucks worse, he is the starter at third base.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    969
    Like
    3
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    The one thing he should be doing is not playing favorites. Liriano sucks, he is sent to the pen. Marquis sucks worse, he is kept in the rotation. Valencia sucks, he is sent to Rochester. Hughes sucks, he is waived. Casilla sucks, he is benched. Plouffe sucks worse, he is the starter at third base.
    There at far more logical reasons for those moves than favoritism.

    Marquis has not been good, and I never liked the pickup because he obviously wasn't the strike thrower they said he was. However, he's been much better than Liriano, and there's really no way around that. Frankie has almost a 10 ERA, and he's walking 6/9, twice as many as Marquis.

    Hughes was out of options and never really showed much at any level, though it would have been nice had they moved a pitcher instead.

    Valencia had options and has been terrible for over his last 600 AB.

    Lexi was hurt and I think they pretty much know what they have there.

    Plouffe has had some good at-bats (I think he has the highest OBP of the bunch) and has shown more promise than Hughes. He's also out of options and younger than any of those you mention, so I'd think this is a last look to see if he could be part of the future. He definitely needs to step it up, but I don't think any of this has to do with favorites.
    Last edited by Alex; 05-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.