Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Mariners, 7/8 @ 9:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Mariners, 7/8 @ 9:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Mostly sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 75.

TWINS:
    SP, Hughes

Dozier 2B
    Nunez 3B
    Suzuki C (!)
    Morales DH
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Colabello 1B
    Escobar SS
    Fuld CF

MARINERS:
    SP, Young

Saunders RF
    Jones CF
    Cano 2B
    Seager 3B
    Morrison 1B
    Hart DH
    Ackley LF
    Zunino C
    Miller SS

---------------------------------

Brian will be with us shortly ...
    Shortly? I'm 5-9... I am always with you shortly.

Things to Think About:

1. Jenny Jenny -- If Gardenhire would have done this... Some would have crucified him but when Joe Maddon of the Rays does it... He is seen as colorful. Last Thursday against Max Scherzer and the Tigers... Joe Maddon threw together a batting order of 867(Pause)5309. Which you know stands for CF SS LF 3B 1B DH(0) RF... You also know it comes from the Tommy Tutone song Jenny Jenny(867-5309). It didn't work... They lost 8 to 1. I think they lost because they didn't have a 2B or Catcher in that lineup. If Gardy were have tried it last Thursday against Tanaka... The Batting order would have been Fuld, Escobar, Willingham, Plouffe, Parmelee, Morales, Arcia. How bout... the 25 or 6 to 4 lineup... Suzuki, Plouffe followed by Escobar and Dozier. "If 6 was 9" by Jimi Hendrix... That wouldn't be a batting order idea but it would signify Escobar moving to Right Field and as the Metric folks will tell you... Moving Escobar to RF would plummet his value. Wilson Pickett has a song called... "634-5789". (Breaks Applied)... Well... That's about as far as I can go with this. Moving on.

2. Iwakuma -- I didn't see a single pitch of the game last night... I was exhausted from my trip and I came home tired and I knew I was going to bed early. I knew it was going to be a rough night for the Twins. Iwakuma owns us... Everytime he pitches against us he shuts us down in embarrassing fashion. Nothing but zero's time and time again.

3. Correia -- I didn't see a single pitch of the game last night... But It was two solo shots that Correia gave up for a 2-0 lost. I know we love to hate him but he certainly gave the Twins a chance to win and he has been pitching a lot better lately.

4. Chris Young -- Once again we get to face the 6-10 control pitcher. It just sounds odd to type that... 6-10 Control Pitcher... Why is it odd? Well... 6-10 is a lot of length to keep control off. The Ability to throw consistent strikes where you want them comes down to mechanics and repeating your stroke. Repeating your stroke is all about keeping your body together and 6-10 is a lot of body to keep together... Tall pitchers typically... Just let it rip... The lanky frame can generate power... Yet not Chris Young. He's like Peter Dinklage all stretched out. He probably doesn't bump his head on doorways either. Someone may have told him along the way to "act his height" and he wasn't listening.

5. Dreams -- I was over-tired from the long road trip over the weekend. When you are over-tired... I find that you have strange dreams. Case in point... Last night... I had a dream... I was eating this huge marshmallow... When I woke up my pillow was gone. Just to show that wasn't a cheap joke... Turned out the pillow was knocked on the floor... But my wife was pissed... She slept on the couch because I was repeatedly biting her.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 07-08-2014 at 05:39 PM.

2. These 4 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-08-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (07-08-2014), USAFChief (07-08-2014), Willihammer (07-08-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    6. Pot is now legal in Washington and Colorado. Might make for an interesting road trip (he he) for the boys. In honor:

This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

4. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (07-08-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Wilson Pickett has a song called... "634-5789".
    Twins Daily. Come for the baseball, stay for the musical encyclopedia.

huge marshmallow...She slept on the couch because I was repeatedly biting her.
    She might consider a gym membership to tone up just a little.

/ oOo - wife jokes, better tread carefully from here on
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 07-08-2014 at 07:19 PM.

6. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    It's cool that Dozier made it to the HR derby, and that his brother is pitching to him. I work with my brother now, but we are from an age with a different kind of derby...

http://youtu.be/8UWWVmR_9v0
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    / oOo - wife jokes, better tread carefully from here on
    smart ... I keep a notebook and don't mind sharing

9. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. Dreams -- I was over-tired from the long road trip over the weekend. When you are over-tired... I find that you have strange dreams. Case in point... Last night... I had a dream... I was eating this huge marshmallow... When I woke up my pillow was gone. Just to show that wasn't a cheap joke... Turned out the pillow was knocked on the floor... But my wife was pissed... She slept on the couch because I was repeatedly biting her.
    #5 made a bad day into a good one for me.

11. This user likes glunn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    #5 made a bad day into a good one for me.

As long as you're still alive...

13. These 2 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-08-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Mr. and Mrs. RB. Which is which?

http://youtu.be/drZb5oi7xuQ
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

15. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (07-08-2014), Willihammer (07-08-2014)

We'll deserving! It'll be first hr derby I've watched since the 90's.

Liked 3,159 Times in 1,351 Posts
    We all like Kurt Suzuki...but a major league team really should be embarrassed to have him hitting third, regardless of injury or situation.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

18. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-08-2014)

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    We all like Kurt Suzuki...but a major league team really should be embarrassed to have him hitting third, regardless of injury or situation.
    Why? The dude is hitting 300.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Game-time forecast: Mostly sunny. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 75.
    Shortly? I'm 5-9... I am always with you shortly.
    Strange. Never thought of 5-9 as short, but even the weather seems taller...

Things to Think About:

3. Correia -- I didn't see a single pitch of the game last night... But It was two solo shots that Correia gave up for a 2-0 lost. I know we love to hate him but he certainly gave the Twins a chance to win and he has been pitching a lot better lately.
    Yup. Kudos to Correia. Right up there with Pino's outing.

4. Chris Young -- Once again we get to face the 6-10 control pitcher. It just sounds odd to type that... 6-10 Control Pitcher... Why is it odd?
    Must resist temptation to say something (else) stupid...

As tempting as dreams are, i'll try to stay awake for the game. Just maybe, the game will be better! But i'll get my hands on some real marshmallows to avoid any confusion. Let's see... marshmallows go well with... cocoa, and fire.

21. These 2 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    Am I the only one that is having difficulties with Fox Sports North right now?

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Quote Originally Posted by kydoty View Post
    Am I the only one that is having difficulties with Fox Sports North right now?
    I'm having no issues.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yowza. 86 mph juiceball and Arcia swings right through.

Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Mr. and Mrs. RB. Which is which?

http://youtu.be/drZb5oi7xuQ
    LOL... Neither understands their role in nature... Umm... Much like Mr and Mrs. RB.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

26. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-08-2014)

I'm dying to know. Ash, was your curtain shopping trip fruitful?

28. These 2 users like Gibby's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-08-2014), glunn (07-08-2014)

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Since I was b*tching about the humidity and heat the other day, I'll just say that today was a PERFECT summer day (okay a little windy but that's normal).

And RB, wondering if there were any Hershey's bars and graham crackers in that bed to go with the marshmallow.

30. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I'm dying to know. Ash, was your curtain shopping trip fruitful?
    I think we have time for the long story!!!

32. These 4 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-08-2014), Gibby (07-08-2014), glunn (07-08-2014), Riverbrian (07-08-2014)

I'm just getting a black screen, no please stand by, no nothing.
    Sold or not, empty seats behind homeplate are an eyesore and an embarrassment.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast