Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trade Likelyhoods

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Ryan's MO is generally to go after younger guys in the lower minors; the potential risk/reward is higher with those players, not to mention that teams seem more willing to part with guys lower in the system. I think he'll do the same this season, as neither Correia nor Willingham have the clout to bring back a talented high minors prospect.
    I'd think Hammer could bring back a decent corner OF prospect in AA, but I agree completely on Correia. Target a higher ceiling guy in A ball.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I'd think Hammer could bring back a decent corner OF prospect in AA, but I agree completely on Correia. Target a higher ceiling guy in A ball.
    True, Willingham's value is higher than Correia but ultimately, I think that just means Ryan targets a higher quality A/A+ guy instead of going after a middling OF prospect in AA (which is all Willingham will probably net if you're looking at the high minors).

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 162 Times in 103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The DBack trade will be one of several involving relievers. Returns for relievers are uninspiring. A parallel deal of Twin minor leaguers might be Kvasnicka and Gilbert. While uninspiring, they are valuable to the organization and affiliates and have some upside.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 164 Times in 85 Posts
    yeah - better to get a higher upside single-A guy than a AA or even AAA marginal prospect at this point. The Twins are best served stockpiling as much young talent as they can get- if they can swing a deal for a player with better potential but is farther away from the big leagues, they should go for it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234