Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Roster Moves coming...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As far as I am concerned, if they have mastered AA, they should be a candidate for call-up. AAA is full of washed up players and to me AA is the hardest jump, see Baxendale, D.J. May struggled at AA probably because of the high BB rate and thus the high pitch count. At AAA, those rates have decreased dramtically

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    As long as they're calling up young guys, how about Kepler?
    Just kidding.

If Arcia goes to AAA, the "outfielder" coming back up would have to be Herrmann/Colabello or Hicks, who's actually an outfielder, but probably least likely to be called back up now of those three.
    sadly, Hicks has the fielding speed and arm combination the Twins need most right now, but is such a mess that I'm afraid it would be detrimental to bring him back up
    "If I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree today."

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    I wonder what the chart looks like ordered by career WAR of the players on the the DL? Self-selection bias for sure, but the two years they had Mauer and/or Morneau on the shelf for significant time was a killer. This year is not really so bad in comparison. It's the healthy players that are not performing that is the problem more than injured players.
    Or rate of Starter daily WAR x number of days on DL/Fill in players WAR during the time spent.... would be interesting. How big of a drop off is it really?
    Last edited by Sconnie; 07-01-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    "If I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree today."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Or rate of Starter daily WAR x number of days on DL/Fill in players WAR during the time spent.... would be interesting. How big of a drop off is it really?
    yeah, I just think missing a former MVP or potential HOF is a bigger deal than, say, Mike Pelfrey being on the 60 day DL.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345