Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roster Moves coming...

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Rosario's not on the roster, but I can see him being part of the CF plan by the end of the month.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Rosario's not on the roster, but I can see him being part of the CF plan by the end of the month.
    Has he been playing outfield or 2nd base in NB? Either way, he is very likely going to be in the conversation very soon.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Mostly OF, with some 2B, I believe, for Rosario so far. I keep hoping he will be ready to be up soon. They have zero OF right now, since the LF can't field, the CF can't hit, and the RF struggles with both.....so I keep hoping Rosario is ready soon.
    Lighten up Francis....

4. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (06-30-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Mostly OF, with some 2B, I believe, for Rosario so far. I keep hoping he will be ready to be up soon. They have zero OF right now, since the LF can't field, the CF can't hit, and the RF struggles with both.....so I keep hoping Rosario is ready soon.
    You and me both. It is too bad he had his suspension or he likely would have already been up.

6. These 2 users like kdrupp09's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-30-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (06-30-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    You and me both. It is too bad he had his suspension or he likely would have already been up.
    Yup. For the moment, I hope Rosario gets out of his mini-slump real soon. In his last 9 games:

4 for 36

.118/.167/.118/.285

Senior Member Triple-A
    And it is also too bad Buxton has been hurt, otherwise he might already be manning CF. But no sense in crying over spilt milk as they say.

9. This user likes kdrupp09's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (06-30-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    And it is also too bad Buxton has been hurt, otherwise he might already be manning CF. But no sense in crying over spilt milk as they say.
    The way it's going with Buck, it will be a major victory just getting him back on the field and not having lingering effects to the wrist.

It still hurts alot thinking of what could have been this year with multiple top ten prospects making their Twins debuts: Buxton, Sano, Meyer, Rosario, Santana, Polanco.

Senior Member MVP
    This team does look a lot different even if just Sano and Santana and Rosario don't have their issues. Plouffe would be your RF by now, Arcia would be in AAA or the DH, Santana would be your CF or SS, Rosario your CF or LF......and Sano your 3B. That is a lineup one can get interested in.
    Lighten up Francis....

12. These 3 users like mike wants wins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

curt1965 (06-30-2014), jokin (06-30-2014), Sconnie (07-01-2014)

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Looks like it is official. Plouffe and Nunez are off the DL. Florimon and Polanco are back in the minors. No word to where Polanco is headed though.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Looks like it is official. Plouffe and Nunez are off the DL. Florimon and Polanco are back in the minors. No word to where Polanco is headed though.
    It's official, too:

To make room on the active roster, the Twins optioned Pedro Florimonto Triple-A Rochester and also optioned 20-year-old Jorge Polanco back to Class A Advanced Fort Myers.

Senior Member MVP
    Fort Meyers? What do you need to do to get promoted by this organization?

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was hoping he'd get sent to aa. I wonder what rational they used for this one. There was a minor leaguer not that long ago that skipped a level after a rehab stint, arcia maybe? Anyway, sending him down to single a is asinine.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Fort Meyers? What do you need to do to get promoted by this organization?
    More than outplaying the rostered SS in AAA, apparently.

Senior Member MVP
    I don't think there is even a SS on the AA roster! I gotta admit, of the many suprises this year, this one nears to the top for me (near, not at).
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 164 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I was hoping he'd get sent to aa. I wonder what rational they used for this one. There was a minor leaguer not that long ago that skipped a level after a rehab stint, arcia maybe? Anyway, sending him down to single a is asinine.
    I think he was sent back to the same level he was at to continue working with the same instructors/coaches that he was working with before the call up. I can only imagine that there were specific things they want Polanco to work on in Single A.

20. These 3 users like Kirby_Waved_At_Me's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DocBauer (06-30-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-30-2014), jorgenswest (06-30-2014)

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    He looked pretty darn raw in the majors defensively, I think he showed some real nice flashes overall for sure, but I think the Twins know what they are doing with him and he will be promoted soon enough. (A lot of promotions usually happen right after the A/AA/AAA all star games for a good number of teams)

I give the Twins credit for sticking to their plan and not letting an extreme (but impressive) SSS change their plan of attack on his time line.

Keep in mind, once he is in AA (which will be sooner than later) he is really only a true phone call away from the majors.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

22. These 2 users like SpiritofVodkaDave's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DocBauer (06-30-2014), gunnarthor (06-30-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    I keep reading that "only a call away" thing every year. But then, every year, I read that they need AAA experience, and they should not be "rushed" and need to "earn" it over other guys further up the chain. Afterall, Sano would have been in AAA, right? Don't forget, it is about money and other stuff, not just talent. I have a hard time reconciling those divergent opinions, frankly.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    I keep reading that "only a call away" thing every year. But then, every year, I read that they need AAA experience, and they should not be "rushed" and need to "earn" it over other guys further up the chain. Afterall, Sano would have been in AAA, right? Don't forget, it is about money and other stuff, not just talent. I have a hard time reconciling those divergent opinions, frankly.
    Every situation is different. Sano IIRC before the injury was already being talked about by the org to be in the running for the opening day 3rd baseman.

I think the Twins have been more than willing to give anyone who has a chance to stick a shot at SS and CF this year, look no further then Santana who only had 100 PA in AAA before he was more or less given the chance to earn (and he did) an every day role. Hicks was another guy given a shot really quickly but unfortunately he feel on his face as many youngsters do.

It's baseball, every fan of every team always wants to see the prospects/future get called up ASAP, however I think the Twins by and large have done a pretty good job in how/when they call up guys to the majors. Of course there are exceptions where they kept guys down too long or brought them up to early (hicks) but overall I think they do a good job.

Let's also keep in mind that Polanco is only 20 years old at this point and while he has been solid at A+ he hasn't exactly been dominating the level. His .289/.363/.404 is nice and he will move up soon enough, but he isn't putting up 900+ OPS numbers etc
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

25. These 2 users like SpiritofVodkaDave's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

James (06-30-2014), Sconnie (07-01-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Hopefully it is clear I don't think he is ready to be a MLB yet.....I certainly am not calling for that. I believe NB as no SS, and Polanco appears ready to be challenged by the next step in the process. I would like the org to push guys and challenge them, not make them "prove it for a long time" before promoting them. A delta in philosophy, really. I fail to see the downside at this point, frankly.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    The way it's going with Buck, it will be a major victory just getting him back on the field and not having lingering effects to the wrist.

It still hurts alot thinking of what could have been this year with multiple top ten prospects making their Twins debuts: Buxton, Sano, Meyer, Rosario, Santana, Polanco.
    You are so right. Is I just my imagination, or have the Twins had more than their share of injuries, compared to other teams, during the last 4-5 years?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast