Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Kernels Nuggets: Haar's Homers Help

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After seeing Eades pitch yesterday, I came away impressed with his stuff. He definitely has quality pitches. His problem must be where he is locating his pitches.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eades consistently at 91-92, but a 6 ERA is not good, although defensive lapses cost him a couple of runs last night

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not going be one of those guys who says, "hey, he's getting wins now so that's what's important," but I do believe he's improved significantly the last two home starts I've seen now. Not saying he's lights out, but he really struggled in April and May. What you want to see from a guy with his 2nd round pedigree when he's struggling is steady improvement. I think we're seeing some of that.

TKG, I was sitting next to the Clinton staff charting pitches last night and was watching their speed gun. It confirmed what we've always said about the mph that shows up on the CR scoreboard - it's consistently 1-2 mph lower than actual. So those 91-92s were actually 92-94s. He lost a bit of velo later in the game though, I think.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~