Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: heading to Cedar Rapids

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,536
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    heading to Cedar Rapids

    As I've mentioned a time or seven, I'm going to Cedar Rapids today and for the weekend.

    I'm hoping to talk to a lot of people, do several interviews. Look at the Kernels roster and coach thing staff and let me know here if there are any questions you would have for anyone. Also, if you'll be in Cedar Rapids this weekend for Twins weekend, let me know.

    Here is more about Twins Night on Saturday: http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp...sid=t492&vkey=

  2. #2
    Senior Member Double-A MWLFan's Avatar
    Posts
    197
    Like
    9
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    14
    I will be there tonight with my family and some friends coming down from St. Paul. No tickets yet, but plan to be at the Park around 4:30-5pm. Hopefully the Kernals can get some offense going and Thorpe throws well.

  3. These 2 users like MWLFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    diehardtwinsfan (06-27-2014), Seth Stohs (06-27-2014)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    699
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Like
    498
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'll be there on Saturday! Hoping to get Rod Carew's autograph.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    699
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Like
    498
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Who are the probable starters for this weekend?
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

  6. #5
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,165
    Like
    103
    Liked 278 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Who are the probable starters for this weekend?
    Can you please sneak a few of these "you know what this team could use? Stephen Gonslaves"

  7. These 2 users like tobi0040's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    markos (06-27-2014), Tibs (06-27-2014)

  8. #6
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    559
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Like
    29
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Who are the probable starters for this weekend?
    Thorpe tonight, Eades Sat, Romero Sun

    If you want Carew's autograph, make sure you're there well before the gates open Sat (5:30) and head straight for the autograph line (probably behind home plate on the concourse, I would guess) when you enter. They let season ticket holders in at 5:00 and Carew is only signing from 5:15 until 6:00.

    There are limits as to what he will sign.

    Here's the summary from the Kernels' website.

    Carew will sign autographs on the concourse from 5:15 until 6:00 pm. There is a limit of ONE flat item (8 x 10 or smaller) per person and he will sign ONE personalization (HOF 91, MVP 1977). Items 8 x 10 or smaller include standard photos or magazine cover (Sports Illustrated size), a baseball is considered a flat item. He will not sign equipment other than baseballs (helmets, jerseys, gloves, bats, etc.).

    Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  9. This user likes SD Buhr's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Tibs (06-27-2014)

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MWLFan View Post
    I will be there tonight with my family and some friends coming down from St. Paul. No tickets yet, but plan to be at the Park around 4:30-5pm. Hopefully the Kernals can get some offense going and Thorpe throws well.
    Nothing to do with the game but you go to Andrusia Lake?

  11. #8
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    699
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Like
    498
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Buhr View Post
    Thorpe tonight, Eades Sat, Romero Sun

    If you want Carew's autograph, make sure you're there well before the gates open Sat (5:30) and head straight for the autograph line (probably behind home plate on the concourse, I would guess) when you enter. They let season ticket holders in at 5:00 and Carew is only signing from 5:15 until 6:00.

    There are limits as to what he will sign.

    Here's the summary from the Kernels' website.

    Carew will sign autographs on the concourse from 5:15 until 6:00 pm. There is a limit of ONE flat item (8 x 10 or smaller) per person and he will sign ONE personalization (HOF 91, MVP 1977). Items 8 x 10 or smaller include standard photos or magazine cover (Sports Illustrated size), a baseball is considered a flat item. He will not sign equipment other than baseballs (helmets, jerseys, gloves, bats, etc.).
    Would it be acceptable if I was there around 3 or shortly after?
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

  12. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    559
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Like
    29
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Would it be acceptable if I was there around 3 or shortly after?
    If you want to tailgate in the parking lot for a couple hours, go for it! Doubt you'd need to get there quite that early, though, for a spot near the front of the line.

    Late change on the rotation for the weekend, btw. Romero has been DL'd so there will be someone else getting that start on Sunday. Will try to post here when I hear who it is.

    Update: team website showing Mildren as scheduled starter Sunday.
    Last edited by SD Buhr; 06-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.

    Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  13. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    148
    Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    I'm heading to Arlington for Sat and Sun games. I guess I shouldn't be jealous of the guys going to the low-A games, but that does sound like a good time. The minor league vs. major league experiences are two different things, and I have a tough time deciding which one I prefer (especially when the big league club is struggling.)

    I'm glad the Rangers are down this year because we got some pretty good seats cheap on Stub Hub. I'm looking forward to the Hughes/Darvish matchup and I'm hoping the Twins can get a few of the games back that they gave away in Anaheim. (Rubber band, do your thing!)

  14. #11
    Senior Member Double-A MWLFan's Avatar
    Posts
    197
    Like
    9
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
    Nothing to do with the game but you go to Andrusia Lake?
    Yes Had been going to Joes Lodge since I was around 8, Fished Andrusia, Wolf and Cass for over 40 years. Damn I am old.

  15. #12
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Hearing they will open gates 30 min early Sat. 5:00 for public, 4:30 for season ticket holders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.