Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/26): Nick Gordon Continues to Hit!

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/26): Nick Gordon Continues to Hit!

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/26): Nick Gordon Continues to Hit!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not a bad debut for Tanner English. He didn't like school anyway!

Amaurys Minier went 2-2 with a walk, was hit by a pitch and had a double.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hicks hit his HR off an RHP

I thought Mays was scheduled to pitch last night

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinssouth View Post
    I thought Mays was scheduled to pitch last night

Roc. had a rain out on Wednesday night.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
    Two thoughts,

Kris Johnson gets the next call to start for the Twins next time through if Deduno doesn't hold it down on Monday?

Nick Gordon - nice start, love that he has only 4 K's in 31 AB's Hate that there's only 1 BB. If he continues to hit what are the chances he follows the Buxton track and ends the year in Cedar Rapids? I just mean the Buxton track for his first year not getting too far ahead of myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by halfchest View Post
    Two thoughts,

Kris Johnson gets the next call to start for the Twins next time through if Deduno doesn't hold it down on Monday?

Nick Gordon - nice start, love that he has only 4 K's in 31 AB's Hate that there's only 1 BB. If he continues to hit what are the chances he follows the Buxton track and ends the year in Cedar Rapids? I just mean the Buxton track for his first year not getting too far ahead of myself here.
    That's a long way to go for a HS guy, but if the Twins were confident putting him in ETown, if he continues to hit, he certainly could spend a month in Cedar Rapids to close out the year.

Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Hicks hit his HR off an RHP
    Is he still exclusively hitting right-handed? His MiLB.com page does say Bats: R Throws: R, but I also remember hearing that he came to bat left-handed ate least once since he came off the DL.

Excited for Mark Hamburger's start tonight. I'm from Minnesota and have followed Hamburger since his HS days in Mounds View. Great story. . . signed at a try-out camp. . he's been in the Bigs. . released. . .caught on with the St. Paul Saints. . .resigned by Twins. . . don't count him out someday being in the rotation. He's a recovering alcoholic and we are all pulling for him. Here is a great interview with him about his situation as given during his time with the Saints last year before theTwins re-signed him.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/m...drug_use052213

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Roc. had a rain out on Wednesday night.
    I assume the article's listing Gilmartin as probable starter for today is incorrect, then? May tonight, then Gilmartin tomorrow?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two thoughts,

If Pino slots back into Rochester's rotation Monday, they would have to flexibility to promote just about anyone after that for a Saturday July 5th MLB start. FWIW, Darnell would be on 10 days by that Saturday, Johnson 8, and May 7 (plus Meyer 5).

Gordon is ahead of Buxton by virtue of going straight to Elizabethton, but neither Buxton nor Mauer advanced to A ball in their draft (half) seasons. Would be very surprising for a HS player.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Two thoughts,

I don't think Buxton ended his 1st year in CR, Gordon is probably off to a better start actually. Speaking of Buxton, what's up with his nagging wrist injury? He's going to fit in well around here.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries
    yeah, Buxton's numbers were rather unimpressive in rookie ball. He got off to a real slow start in the GCL before going on a nice run and getting promoted to the Appy... He did OK in the appy, but nothing special.