Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Encouraging News About Buxton?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Encouraging News About Buxton?

Terry Ryan reports that Buxton is progressing and has a timetable for return, although he didn't reveal it. I put a question mark on this new thread because until he starts playing again, I personally won't be relieved until he is playing in games.

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_2...sing-ryan-says

Let's hope he is playing in games soon!

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Buxton still isn't able to take batting practice, but Ryan said the former No. 2 overall draft pick had progressed to dry swings and tee work in addition to taking fly balls in the outfield.
    I guess Doogie Wolfson's source was a wee bit optimistic- when Doogie tweeted 10 days ago that Buxton was "very close to taking live BP". It looks like the Twins are being very, very cautious...and leaving a ? in the headline was wise, stringer. This obviously was a fairly serious, even if only nagging injury, and I don't like the equivocation about the dreaded "S" word:

Ryan said there is no organizational fear surgery will ultimately be needed.
    It's great that Terry Ryan is on the record and willing to finally put some optimistic news on the table, but talks of previously blown up timetables and the lack of a more adamant "NO" to the possibility of surgery means we all will have to keep our fingers crossed a little while longer.

Buried inside on a bullet point (which shows those rules for All Star games and offseason leagues rosters are highly flexible):

The Twins haven't ruled out sending a third prospect to the Futures Game on July 13 at Target Field. Several injuries to other players selected could open the door for someone like Triple-A Rochester right-hander Trevor May.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Correa (a shortstop for the World Team) won't be playing... and they only have one 2B. Could that open up a spot for Jorge Polanco, potentially?

As for the US team needing a pitcher, I'd rather see Stewart than May. Seeing May means he's in the minors for another month.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    I always wondered what a time table looked like.

This?

5. These 4 users like nicksaviking's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Dman (06-25-2014), James (06-25-2014), snepp (06-25-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (06-25-2014)