http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 473 Times in 308 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Mastroianni and Walters up...

Interesting
    That would mean the Twins' 3B is Jamey Carroll?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    That would mean the Twins' 3B is Jamey Carroll?
    Sure looks that way.

Just move Mauer over to 3rd next.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 352 Times in 175 Posts
    Braking? huh?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Braking? huh?
    Quiet you!

This is the right move by the Twins. They had given Valencia more than enough opportunities and he just wasn't getting it done. Hopefully he can make the most of this by making some adjustments and getting his confidence back. Maloney, on the other hand, had no business being on a big league roster in the first place.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Alex Burnett cannot pitch himself out of a job.

Liraiano too

Liriano to the pen means Burnett is on notice!

So how did Burroughs look this week? Ready for a call up, or does Plouffe get a week to claim the job?

All we are saying, is give Plouffe a chance!

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,176 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Braking? huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Quiet you!
    Someone had to call that one.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Actually "braking" might be appropriate. As in, we are putting the brakes on this downward spiral disaster known as Danny Valencia, this joke AAA pitcher Maloney, and the crime against humanity known as Liriano-the-starter.

Give Plouffe the 3B job.....or any job....for one month and see how he does. Please.

Why would we want Carroll to take playing time at 3B? A 38 yr. old punchless .200 hitter? No thanks. A utility role is perfect for him.

Calling up Mastroianni must mean that Plouffe is going to be seeing a lot of time at 3B. it also probably means that Parmelee is going to AAA when Morneau comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by tpb8 View Post
    Why would we want Carroll to take playing time at 3B? A 38 yr. old punchless .200 hitter? No thanks. A utility role is perfect for him.
    Because he has played the best defense of any Twin so far and the staff values that. I think he needs to be on the field somewhere, whether its 2B, SS, or 3B. Out defense is so ****ty everywhere else.

Valencia to AAA. Vikings get a new stadium. Pretty good day so far.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

PJWalters is an interesting pitcher as he's been a strikeout pitcher throughout his minor league career (8.5k/9IP.....735 innings) as well as (7.1k/9IP...51IP) in majors. He's not a hard thrower(87-90mph) but has gotten the job done

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshii View Post
    Because he has played the best defense of any Twin so far and the staff values that. I think he needs to be on the field somewhere, whether its 2B, SS, or 3B. Out defense is so ****ty everywhere else.
    Don't we already know what Carroll is? He's a solid defender and a quality utility infielder. It's time to find out exactly what Trevor Plouffe is. We're looking toward next year and the years to come. Don't we need to know if Plouffe is a guy we're going to hang on to? Giving Carroll the bulk of the playing time at 3B is pointless. Spotting him all over the infield as the utility man is fine. Plouffe needs to play.

Don't we already know what Carroll is? He's a solid defender and a quality utility infielder. It's time to find out exactly what Trevor Plouffe is. We're looking toward next year and the years to come. Don't we need to know if Plouffe is a guy we're going to hang on to? Giving Carroll the bulk of the playing time at 3B is pointless. Spotting him all over the infield as the utility man is fine. Plouffe needs to play.
    I second this. I'm fine with Jamey Carroll being on the team, he's actually quite useful. But I wasn't fine with two years and I wasn't fine with making him the starter when he should have been latching on for whatever utility role he could find in the league. Just because Roy Hobbs started mashing homeruns at age 40, I don't think Jamey Carroll is going to...

How's about we start doing some inventory and seeing if Plouffe is the next Valencia or the next something else?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Give Plouffe the 3B job.....or any job....for one month and see how he does. Please.

Calling up Mastroianni must mean that Plouffe is going to be seeing a lot of time at 3B. it also probably means that Parmelee is going to AAA when Morneau comes back.
    If Plouffe wants a chance, he better get his head in the game. Letting a ball drop in and running right into a double play is little league ball at best.

Liked 686 Times in 359 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    If Plouffe wants a chance, he better get his head in the game. Letting a ball drop in and running right into a double play is little league ball at best.
    I agree with this. I have seen a number of plays where it seemed to me that Plouffe did not have his head in the game.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully Valencia gets it together so that in a week Morneau and Valencia return and Parmelee and either Gray or Swarzak are sent down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast