Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is going to be the first...

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was more impressed with Dozier's arm than I expected. That's nice to see and explains how he was getting to some of those grounders in the hole. I'll try and watch him a little more closely at the game tonight.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,182 Times in 629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    Compared to Nishioka he's amazing. Verdict is still out comparing him to Carroll. They both are great on defense and Dozier had more upside with the bat.
    Yes I know it's only been 2 games but he could be the staple we need at SS.
    Agreed, I'd love to see it and as ShaneWahl points out he so far has done a lot of the little things right, like charging the ball, that was probably my favorite part of his game over his first two starts. He appears to be a gamer in the field and at the plate, I for one just don't want to up his shoe size quite yet.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,182 Times in 629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Incidentally, did anybody notice this blurb from Hunter:

Asked if this was another game where the Angels have to tip their cap to the opposing pitcher, Hunter said: "No, I'm not doing that this time. I tip my cap to Morrow, Alvarez. [Diamond] pitched a good game."

Seems like kind of a dick thing to say.
    It is, but Hunter is a dick, no surprise here. He'd also tip his cap to himself.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Agreed, I'd love to see it and as ShaneWahl points out he so far has done a lot of the little things right, like charging the ball, that was probably my favorite part of his game over his first two starts. He appears to be a gamer in the field and at the plate, I for one just don't want to up his shoe size quite yet.
    I was watching the post game and Robby was interviewing Dozier. Robby asked about his defense and he said the first thing he makes sure to do is catch the ball and then whatever happens happens. Love the fundamentals.
    I bent my wookie...

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    I was more impressed with Dozier's arm than I expected. That's nice to see and explains how he was getting to some of those grounders in the hole. I'll try and watch him a little more closely at the game tonight.
    I agree. That was the thing I noticed the most. Sure, he got to the ball, and obviously that is the most important thing, but he gets a lot on those throws. I guess I wasn't quite ready for that when I first saw him throw. Let's hope he keeps up the good work.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12